Projects/2011-2012 Term 2
- 1 National RFID Centre and SIMTech : Android and iOS RFID track & trace
- 2 ITE - Web-based Instructional Templates System for e-Learning
- 3 TEACH on iPAD
- 4 IMAPAC Connect
- 5 Sentosa Island Visitor Analytics (SIVA)
- 6 Sageby - Cab4Free : Survey/Analytics Mobile System
- 7 Facebook Multiplayer Game
- 8 Prof Thomas Menkhoff: TWITTER Q&A
- 9 Pivotal Expert Pte Ltd – Analytics Shootout
- 10 Pivotal Expert Pte Ltd - Story Server
- 11 Entrepreneurship Education - Interactive Education Application on Samsung Galaxy Tab
- 12 StarHub - Interactive/Social Applications on Mobile/TV/Internet
- 13 K-Sketch - Animation for the Rest of Us
- 14 Standard Chartered Bank - iLab@SMU
- 15 SMU - Alexandra Health T-Lab
- 16 Distributed Form Processing using Image Snippets
National RFID Centre and SIMTech : Android and iOS RFID track & trace
Software design and development on mobile devices for RFID and internet of things
Software design and development on mobile devices running Android and iOS. This software is part of RFID track & trace and discovery system, which is a fundamental component for internet of things. The software is designed for communicating with a system server in real-time manner for updating and retrieving latest information on RFID events. The students will have opportunities to learn and practice on critical components of internet of things, including web-based system, mobile device, RFID as well as system integration through web services.
The major objective of this project is to develop application and widget to allow people to interact with business information system and monitor real-time business data in the mobile device. This is a relatively new area and has a lot market potentials.
- A co-supervisor from National RFID Centre and SIMTech is assigned to provide
advice and strategic direction
- Excellent testimonials
- Passionate about mobile technologies
- Positive learning and working attitude
- Experience with iPhone and/Android App programming (preferred but not
Associate Professor Yingjiu (email@example.com), SMU and Mr. He Wei at National RFID Centre
ITE - Web-based Instructional Templates System for e-Learning
Project Objective :
The objectives of this Project are to develop a web-based system that manages Instructional Templates that will:
- Achieve consistency in e-learning materials across the Institute.
- Achieve the desired quality of instructionally sound e-learning materials.
- Speed up the e-learning content development process.
Project scope : The students will ASSIST the Senior Instructional Design Specialist to:
- Set a process/strategy for Web-based Instructional Templates system design, development and migration to ITE testing environment.
- Design some test storyboards of selected instructional strategies to the possible layouts of the instructional templates.
- Build prototype of the web-based system with instructional templates that are:
- platform and software independent;
- instructionally sound (i.e. the generated content is easily grasped by the learner);
- able to support different media e.g. audios, videos, animations, graphics, etc.; and
- easy to use (i.e. users need not know any programming or scripting) e.g. drag and drop features.
The Senior Instructional Design Specialist will provide the information to:
- Analyse lecturers’ instructional styles, students’ learning needs, and curriculum and content requirements for selected curriculum in one school.
- Study the instructional strategies that can best support e-learning for these selected curriculum e.g. problem-based learning, storytelling approach, case-based learning, scenario-based learning etc.
ITE can provide the necessary environments for testing and migration.
Expected deliverables :
- Design, Develop, and Test the Web-based Instructional Templates system with the functionalities stated in the system overview of the project.
Prerequisites: Students must have an interest in designing user interfaces and experience in building and deploying web applications. Timeline: about 4 months.
ITE - Learning Technologies Development
The Educational Design & Technology Division at the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) is established to pursue educational excellence through innovations with information and instructional technologies. We are looking for students who are keen to develop web-based system with instructional templates for lecturers to rapidly produce interactive and engaging eLearning content for their students.
For project details, click here.
Contact: Soo Ee Ling (Soo_Ee_Ling@ite.edu.sg, tel 6590 2356), Senior Instructional Design Specialist/Learning Technologies Development, EDT Division at ITE
TEACH on iPAD
iPad to revolutionize the way kids learn! A new Teaching Pedagogy.
The project is about “Introducing a brand new way of teaching Primary, and Secondary, using iPad”. The Team needs to develop an iPad-based framework to publish any content that can provide extraordinary interactive experience.
- Design: Create a platform where content can be plugged in.
- Technology: iOS Native App Development, integrated with Industry Standard eBook formats such as ePub / XML.
- Data Storage: Use SQLite as Database. Usage of Amazon S Cube (Simple Storage Service) or a file/folder structure to keep Videos & Multimedia is also recommended.
- User Interface: The technology can be as complex as it can be; while the user interface should be as simple and intuitive as it can be.
Exilant would help you with Technology. We need creative minds from SMU. Prior experience in iOS/ Android App development is preferred.
Exilant Technologies was founded in 2004. The world's most admired consumer electronics company is our customer. Our presence is in Singapore, UK, and USA. We are headquartered in India. Our development center is in Suntec City. This project is our first venture with SMU. We hope to be thrilled in working with SIS/SMU Talent.
About You: We expect you to be inquisitive, learning, agile and self-motivated. We expect your participation in brainstorming sessions, design discussions, ideas contribution. You are the one we need, if you are self-motivated to
- Explore the market for similar apps (applications)
- Cut-copy-paste and test code snippets from Google
- Read/research better ways or features to code in iOS
- App - This would be the presentation layer. Similar to any bookshelves/ books app such as iBooks. Intelligent and Interactive features would be built in it.
- Data - ePub with intelligent tags. Multimedia files storage. SQLite/ Amazon S3.
- Catalogue – Intelligent Meta tags to relate content across books. An user administration GUI to maintain Meta data.
<span">Results from 3 Months hard work:
- To be a iOS/ iPad Programmer
- To execute project from Requirements, Design, Develop and Test
- Industrial Software Development Experience
- iPad App (Initial Version)
- Creative Ideas for an intuitive and appealing App
- Experience in working with talent at SIS
What are you waiting for! Jump in!
<span">Immerse yourself and explore the innovation that touches children!!!
For further details contact:
- Azhagarasan Annadorai Associate Vice President
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HP: +65-92719219
- Exilant Technologies Private Limited , 9 Temasek Boulevard, #09-01 Suntec Tower Two, Singapore 038989
- www.exilant.com Tel: +65-64071415 Fax: +65-64071501
IMAPAC: Business Conference Makes An Impact
IMAPAC is a global B2B conference company headquartered in Singapore that makes sure a good thing comes out of every good meeting. How do we do that? Just like baking a cake start with good ingredients! First create a conference about a good cause, then mix in some good people and fun…...et voila a conference with a cause!
Now for the icing on the cake…….
Every day somewhere in the world someone is attending a conference. At each conference there might be 100-5000 people. What if, for every person at every conference a child in need received a year’s education? That is a lot of Children that are getting educated.
That is what IMAPAC does. IMAPAC makes conferences and makes sure for every attendee to a conference a child in need gets a year’s education. Because IMAPAC believes that Education is the KEY to end the cycle of poverty.
In the last year alone, IMAPAC has been able to support hundreds of children’s education and we’re looking to give more. To find out more, visit http://www.imapac.com/
How YOU can make a difference to yourself and others
Do you want your project to stop growing once it has been graded? Yes – please skip to the next project. No - Together with IMAPAC, your project will be in the hands of leaders of industry. Leaders who may want to use the system at their own company.
IMAPAC: Project description
Your project will:
Transform attendees' experiences at events worldwide!
Improve pre and post event communication between senior executives
Involve close coordination with IMAPAC team Have a global reach
…… and help IMAPAC help children
IMAPAC: Project requirement
IMAPAC Connect - An integrated web, mobile and social media suite to ensure all event attendees are informed, enabled, engaged before, during and after the event - It will be a multi-functional platform where users can create a personal profile with photos, contact each other, arrange meeting itinerary with venue location map, make live announcement during the event, vote for questions, categorization of attendees by profiles and interests and important information about the event
Are you up to the challenge?
IMAPAC’s is looking for a team that can meet the criteria:
- Creative, proactive and enthusiastic
- Willing to work hard toward building something that can be fully utilised on completion
- Good communication skills and willing to work closely together with IMAPAC
- Strong with HTML, PHP, JAVA and MYSQL or SQlite
If you are interested please contact Ting Ting Wang
Office: 64931599 Mobile: 96718378
Sentosa Island Visitor Analytics (SIVA)
Come work closely with the Sentosa IT group and the SMU-CMU Living Analytics Research Center (LARC) to see real-life analytics in action at Sentosa and enjoy über-cool benefits (including free entry passes to Sentosa and the island attractions) !!!
SMU and the Living Analytics Research Center (LARC: www.larc.smu.edu.sg) is working closely with Sentosa Leisure Group (SLC) to build the next generation of real-time analytics capabilities for transforming visitor experience at leisure resorts and attractions worldwide! As part of this broad engagement, this project will apply analytics and visualize tools to create a Web-based “Guest Behavior Insight Portal” for analyzing the behavioral patterns of guests visiting the Sentosa Island attractions. The portal operates on anonymized records of the entry times and IDs of each of the individual rides and F&B outlets visited by individual or groups of guests, gathered by SLC for for its Sentosa PlayPass paying guests and Islander Card members.
The portal will harness and expose the insight contained in such extensive visit information, initially using historical data (describing visitor patterns in the previous months) and later in near-real time (using visitor patterns observed in the last few hours or minutes). The Portal’s functionality will be two-fold:
- Query Creation and Execution: Creating a set of standard queries about the guest movement patterns (e.g., “compute the average number of visitors to ride X on Mondays for the past N months” (where N and X may be chosen by the portal user), “tabulate the average # of rides per visit experienced by guests, categorized by different age groups” or “pick the top-3 rides where the number of guests entering per 15 minutes has shown the largest decrease in the last hour”. The ability to allow customization of such queries via an easy-to-use interface will be an especially desirable feature.
- Insight Visualization: Creating and displaying appropriate visualizations for the resulted associated with different queries. In particular, besides using standardized statistical display tools (such as pie charts and bar graphs), the portal will provide more advanced map-overlaid visualization aids (such as ‘heat maps’ showing color-coded spatial frequency variations, or ‘time-lapsed views’ showing the primary movement patterns of guests over the course of a day) that make the key insights very clear to the SDC IT team.
Skills & Requirements:
In general, executing this project will require the team to utilize a variety of industry-standard & widely-used technologies, related to database query processing, Web-based visualization and Web-portal development. Some useful technologies include:
- Database programming and SQL APIs
- Visualization tools/toolsets, such as ArcGIS Explorer, ManyEyes etc.
Clearly, not all team members need to have prior experience/expertise in all of these technologies. However, it is strongly recommended that at least one team member has completed IS410/IS415, and one has expertise in data visualization and GUI building.
What’s in it for you?
This project will not only develop your skills in building a real information systems portal that supports advanced spatio-temporal analytics on large-scale visitor behavioral data, but also expose you to the challenges of designing practical systems in partnership with corporate IT organizations. It will also give the team an invaluable exposure into the emerging future of the use of rich data analytics for enhancing guest experience in the leisure and hospitality industry. In particular, the team will be mentored by Sentosa’s IT services group—hence, the students will be exposed to the technology and business issues associated with the operations of one of Asia’s largest leisure operators. And don’t forget, team members get a 6 month free access to Sentosa and its attractions!
For additional information, please email Prof. Archan MISRA (email@example.com)
Project Supervisor: Archan MISRA, SMU
Project Sponsor: West Jean Ong, Sentosa Leisure Group (SLG)
Sageby - Cab4Free : Survey/Analytics Mobile System
Cab4Free’s vision is to provide users a channel to monetize time and information. A globally scalable service innovation which brings free cab rides to passengers, and vouchers/cash to users. The gist lies in converting the value of time into money. We provide the linkage by tying Market Research firms together with Taxi companies and retailers.
In Cab4Free, we tap on Mobile surveys as well as the existing GPS that Taxis currently have to deliver free cab rides by exchanging completed surveys for a free ride. Apart from that, we design ways to improve the overall efficiency, for instance cab sharing in the load of 4 passengers, planning the driving route using GPS to provide estimated fare, and using Google traffic and EMAS to utilize traffic intelligence on the move to boost efficiency.
Scope of Project:
- Core: Survey Module
- Core: Analytics Module
- Advanced: Mobile Platform (iPhone then Android)
Requirements of the Team
- Tech savvy team - Familiar with Google app engine - JSP, Java, Jquery, Js, actionscript, flash, jdo
Contact Informations : Name : Saiful , CTO, Sageby
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : +65 90070053(Singapore)
Facebook Multiplayer Game
Team needs to develop a Facebook multiplayer game where users can setup companies that operate in certain industries. People can then buy and sell products to earn money, experience points and maintain their health. Based on their experience they can make their way up the corporate ladder. Depending upon their wealth and health, people can purchase products to reach certain milestones in their life.
There are three main modules of the game
- Companies - A company is setup by a founder who gives the company its identity - its values, its industry and its name. People may join this company which allows them to sell products pertaining to the industry in which it operates.
- Products - Each industry has certain levels of product offerings. Each level encompasses certain products. Products have certain characteristics which identify them - price in dollars, certain experience points, a social status value associated with it and whether it’s an essential commodity or a luxury good.
- People - All people must buy/sell goods to progress in their corporate life and personal life. Experience points allow one to go up the corporate ladder and sell more goods and earn more experience and money in turn. Buying goods helps one to maintain their health and increase their social status.
SCOPE & OBJECTIVE
- Implement the above mentioned functionalities
- A user should be able to buy/sell goods, complete milestones and also be able to climb up the corporate ladder
- Develop a scalable game with an intuitive, clean and appealing UI which is capable of doing everything mentioned in point 1 & 2.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Experience on some challenges you WILL face in your jobs (banks or technology firms) – managing real time data, optimization, disaster recovery etc.
- Great exposure to some good technologies – SQLite, PHP
- End-to-end experience of Facebook platform – Facebook API, starting development, managing adverts, Facebook credits
- Game development – hottest trend in technology today!
- Some good advice from people who have gone through this themselves – design patterns, avoiding common pitfalls, best practices
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The following skills will prove helpful in the course of the project. However, there is no requirement to know these skills beforehand.
- Fun and highly motivated team members
- Team that has bright ideas and can advise us when necessary
- “Real time” data handling
- Synchronous and asynchronous web requests
- Database Management skills – especially, MySQL or SQLite
- Facebook Account management – example: open-authentication
HELP IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE!
- Programming help
- Database Management
- Some Facebook account management
- Identifying/understanding business requirements
SO, WHO ARE WE?
We are two young guys fresh from university with a lot of bright ideas, good programming skills and a desire to lead and to be led. We are easy going and understand the psyche of undergraduate developers well and hence offer our fullest knowledge and support so that this project benefits everyone – you and us. Feel free to call us/meet us in case you want to clarify something. See you on the other side.
- PAYAS GUPTA
Ph.D. Candidate, SIS, SMU
- Email: email@example.com
- Homepage: http://www.mysmu.edu/phdis2008/payas.gupta.2008
- HP: 97278657
- PAWAN GUPTA
SMU Graduate (class of 2010) Commodities Technology @ Standard Chartered Bank
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HP: 96361509
Prof Thomas Menkhoff: TWITTER Q&A
Twitter, the microblogging platform that allows users to post their thoughts has become a worldwide social networking phenomenon. Despite its popularity and buzz, has not really caught on in the classroom yet.
After a trial run in a class of 30+ students, we’ve received very positive feedback of its success in helping ‘less active’ students participate in class, solicit and run discussions even when groups are presenting, and possibly a good way to continue discussions after class is over.
However, there were some issues that hindered ‘greater’ success, mainly the Twitter deleting Tweets from >24-48 hrs old and the inability to give focus to good Tweets (which could be questions or comments).
Objective and scope:
- Implement a real-time Q&A system (like pigeonhole.sg) that is based on Twitter Tweets
- The system should have the following capabilities:
- Users can login via Twitter account
- Users can post to Twitter from the system
- Users can search for discussions using Twitter hashtags
- Accessible on both PC and mobile browsers
Ideally, students should be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Twitter API
- Twitter login via OAuth
- Web services
- Professor Thomas Menkhoff (email@example.com), Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour & Human Resources (Practice)
- For more info, please contact Gabriel Yee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pivotal Expert Pte Ltd – Analytics Shootout
Project Objective :
At Pivotal Expert, we believe that communities create great products and enhance great ideas. With the launch of Singpath in 2010, we saw developers and educators from around the world begin to contribute ideas and problems that enabled other players to learn and practice new skills in a fun environment.
Project Requirements and Scope
In 2012, Pivotal Expert would like to create a new community around the growing field of data analytics. The project will be based on the technology powering Singpath.com, but it will require new content and business logic to address this new problem domain.
What Students will gain from this project
(a) The experience of building a community from scratch
(b) Learning about new problem domains such as analytics and online gaming
(d) Cloud Computing
If you would like additional information, please contact Chris Boesch (email@example.com), SMU Associate Professor of Information Systems (Practice).
Pivotal Expert Pte Ltd - Story Server
Project Objective :
Story Sever is a game that requires players to perform task on 3rd party websites in order to unlock challenges and various movie scenes. The goal of the project is to make learning new websites and API's a lot more fun and interesting.
Project Requirements and Scope - This application/game will be a web-based application
For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Entrepreneurship Education - Interactive Education Application on Samsung Galaxy Tab
Entrepreneurship-Education.com, an education platform online providing the best tips and discussion to aspiring entrepreneurs , unrivalled range of content, and most importantly its constant push for new and innovative services that generates great value to our aspiring entrepreneurs and students.
Entrepreneurship-Education.com is keen for students to embark on the following projects:
Project : Mobile Education Application
As most mobile devices now comes with both high-speed mobile broadband, Entrepreneurship-Education.com would like to explore on harnessing the abilities of such devices taps onto such capabilities. The applications should:
1. Be developed on Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android)
2. Develop mobile version - Entrepreneurship-Education.com
3. Content integration with Entrepreneurship-Education.com
Teams are encouraged to propose functions deem suitable. Sample ideas are: - Facebook connect - Twitter tweets.
What should you do?
1. Take a look at Entrepreneurship-eduction's website at http://forums.entrepreneurship-education.com/ and discover the range of functions and content that your team could be build on
2. Contact Pamela at email@example.com for a chat on the possibilities of the project.
3. Think of this project to go beyond just a student project, but going as far as a commercial service.
StarHub - Interactive/Social Applications on Mobile/TV/Internet
StarHub, the leading quad-play provider in Singapore, prides itself in providing the best entertainment and information services to consumers via its smart network, unrivalled range of content, and constant most importantly its constant push for new and innovative services that generates great value to our customers.
StarHub wishes to bring your creative ideas and interesting projects/services out to the market, and be able to generate buzz/profits via our expansive customer base across Mobile, Pay TV, and Internet.
StarHub is keen for students to embark on the following projects:
Project 1: Mobile Advertising/Location-based Application
As most mobile devices now comes with both high-speed mobile broadband as well as location-aware capabilities, StarHub would like to explore on harnessing the abilities of such devices with an array of mobile applications that taps onto such capabilities. The applications should:
1. Be developed for one or more mobile platforms (iOS, Android, WP7, Blackberry)
2. Enables social and location-based functions
3. Include forms of multimedia playback or content integration
Teams are encouraged to propose out-of-the-box applications and solutions. Sample ideas are:
- Location Based Proximity Dating and Chat
- Telescope magazine on iPad with in-video trailers
Project 2: TV-HTML Browser Applications
StarHub is exploring browser-based applications suitable for TV screens, controllable via remote controls or any other interface connected to setop boxes or TV sets. The applications should:
1. Promote social interactions with peers/communities
2. Provide simpler means of interacting with existing web applications
3. Aggregate different information/services into a single application
Teams should focus on creating an easy-to-user, end-to-end application for customers to use easily on their television sets. Sample application ideas are:
- Social Java script TV games (single and multi player)
- FaceBook/Twitter/other social media on TV
- Fantasy Football
- Discussion/Rating of TV programmes onto Facebook/other social media
- Photo Album (View from Flicker/Picasa etc)
- Aggregate multiple RSS feed for presentation on TV portal
- Recipe/Where to Eat/Promotion TV
- Travel/Where to Go on TV Portal
- My Locator service (tracking of users) on TV
- Shopping Portal
Project 3: Facebook Social Gaming for StarHub Rewards Program
StarHub offers a suite of entertainment services, including our very own Games portal! Check out StarHub Games Portal to see the wide variety of games that ANYONE (not just StarHub customers) can purchase!
To spice up our games offering, we are looking for teams to develop a social game that would drive our StarHub loyalty and rewards program. The game should:
1. Increase StarHub Games Portal's profile through an immersive gaming experience for players of all experience levels
2. Reward customers for simply trying out the game, and lead them to explore other exciting offers from StarHub
2. Drive take-up of other StarHub services through rewards and loyalty perks built into the game
3. Be able to drive monetization through in-game purchases and other charging mechanisms, similar to many social games in the market
What should you do?
As you start thinking about what sexy application your team should design and develop, you should:
1. Take a look at StarHub's website and discover the range of products and content that your ideas could be build on, and visit StarHub's Entertainment Portal to understand more of StarHub's entertainment proposition to customers
2. Scour the world's greatest technology/multimedia/telecommunications portals and websites and gain insights into what other people are doing with their devices/broadband/location-aware services.
3. Contact Andy Choi for a chat on the possibilities of the project
4. Think of this project to go beyond just a student project, but going as far as a commercial service
K-Sketch - Animation for the Rest of Us
K-Sketch allows ordinary computer users to create informal animations from sketches. The system has been highly tuned to allow a wide variety of animations to be made quickly and with little learning. A prototype of the system (for Windows only) and videos describing its use can be found on the K-Sketch website. A new version of the system that runs on many platforms through a web browser will soon be released. This new version is being built to run in Adobe's Flash player and Adobe AIR.
Project 1 Title: Animation Sharing Web Site
New K-Sketch users need an easy way to get started. The goal of this project is to build a web site that will introduce new users to K-Sketch and give them an environment for organizing and sharing their animations. This site should provide a tutorial for using K-Sketch (a written tutorial will be provided for reference), an easy link to the K-Sketch application, and facilities for managing and sharing animations. The animation management interface will serve two classes of users:
- Novices who are learning about animation. These users need to maintain a small number of animations and share them with friends.
- Teachers who ask their students to create animations as an exercise. These users need to create "assignments" that will be given to other users. The animations created in these assignments will be managed as a group.
This web site will be deployed on cloud computing infrastructure, and will become an important part of the K-Sketch project!
Prerequisites: Students must have an interest in designing user interfaces and experience in building and deploying web applications to Google's App Engine.
Timeline: about 6 months.
Contact: Richard C. Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 6828 1967), SMU Assistant Professor of Information Systems.
Contact: Richard C. Davis (email@example.com, tel 6828 1967), SMU Assistant Professor of Information Systems.
Standard Chartered Bank - iLab@SMU
iLab@SMU is a collaborative partnership setup in 2006 by Standard Chartered Bank and SMU to create a hotbed for business, technology and financial innovations that will be rolled out across the Bank's network in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, while delivering on the Bank's commitment and belief in talent development. The collaboration creates opportunities for students to experience the corporate environment as they work on projects to solve real-life business problems with the Bank.
iLab@SMU has sponsored close to fifty IS480 projects since its inception in 2006 and had generously recognized and rewarded excellent performance from IS480 teams and individuals that delivered exceptional results in their projects.
Got ideas? Talk to us about it!
Come to us if you want to explore project possibilities. A number of iLAB projects have been initiated by YOUR ideas, and then refined through interaction with SCB professionals.
Requirements for ALL iLab@SMU projects :
- Passion and Willingness to explore boundaries of innovations
- New tools, Development environment
- Academic Modules pre-requisite
- IS203 Software Engineering
- IS301 Enterprise Integration
Contact: Koh Lian Chee - firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Drop an email to me to arrange a time with our staff to find out more about the Standard Chartered Bank @ iLab!
SMU - Alexandra Health T-Lab
Alexandra Health, together with the School of Information Systems (SIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) have established a partnership since May 2010 to work together to demonstrate fresh and better ways to serve and satisfy patients whenever they are interacting with the Alexandra Health system. Through this partnership, a joint mechanism known as the "T-Lab" has been established that enables students, staff and faculty of SMU's School of Information Systems (SIS) to team with professionals from Alexandra Health to work on a continuing series of projects to improve service delivery, quality, productivity and experience.
Come and talk to us if you are interested in working on a project aimed at adding value to the delivery of healthcare services.
Contact: Koh Lian Chee - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Modules pre-requisite
- IS203 Software Engineering
- IS301 Enterprise Integration
Distributed Form Processing using Image Snippets
This is a distributed data entry based on the scanned image of a physical document. It will make use of technology and networks to accomplish a simple data entry task in a distributed, cost effective way. After a physical document is scanned into a image compression form, the various parts of the scanned image are cropped into image snippets. These image snippets will then be sent to our various offshore offices for data entry. Once data entry has been completed by offshore offices, the data will be sent back to the primary office and consolidated to have complete data for the scanned document. For example, suppose we want to capture the Name , Age, IC number from a handwritten form. Following will be the typical flow:
1. Scan the form in Singapore and assign a Unique Identifier to the scanned image at main site
2. Crop the various parts of scanned images such as Name, Age, IC and assign a sub identifier.
3. Send these cropped images over the network to offsite which could be anywhere
4. Provide a simple application where user can enter the data based on cropped image displayed on screen
5. Generate a file with Data & sub-identifier and send back to main site
6. Consolidate data from sub-sites and tie back to unique identifier at main site.
The following are expected: 1) discuss with us to understand/clarify the requirements and processing needs. 2) propose a solution with POC/prototype based on
* java and swing * java imaging * MS-SQL
Contact through: Kevin Steppe (email@example.com)