Maxco Team Journal
Various tasks that we undertook within 6 days
- Meet up with our new sponsor and discused about the new requirements
- Consult our supervisor during the weekends for more advice
- Research on the various possibilities/technology/solutions and present them to our new sponsor on a Sunday
- Meet up with our Supervisor , Client and past FYP teams under our new clients for an in-depth discussion before we conclude our proposal.
It wasn't the best start that we hoped for due to the mad rush, but this experience gave us a feel of what managing a project would be like in the industry. We realized that there are always uncertainties , and stakeholder management formed an important essence for a sucessful project.
Lastly, we are glad that our project was given the green light to work toward the project acceptance presentation by Professor Benjamin.
- Integrated Google Map as the base of B1G1 World
- Initial Deployment of Facebook SDK for the Facebook Application
- Investigating the current database structure developed for B1G!
- Self-Study on various technologies required. Namely Facebook SDK, Facebook Query Language, Flex SDK with Eclipse and Apache Ant.
- Reaffirmed the core functionalities and seek constant feedback from Supervisor/Clients to ensure we are on the same page.
- Managed to extract user information from facebook through Facebook SDK
- Manually Developed PHP Web service that convert company address into longtitude and latitude
- Project acceptance demo Facebook application layout completed
- Visual interface version 1 for Facebook implemented
- Filter by region function is completed for B1G1 World
- Discussion with Clients, Masami and Paul for interface feedback
- Decided to implement Visuwords as a way to show individual giving members' linkage and giving
- Visual interface version 2 implemented after comments by clients and Supervisor
- Facebook Application Syncing function is implemented.
- Discussion with our client Masami for the revised interface
- Decided to use a third party library - Flare instead of Visuwords.
- Facebook Share and Comment function is implemented
- Discussion with Masami on on current progress
- Solved pertaining zooming issue for B1G1 World. (Restricting the zooming parameters)
- Update of Documentation (Metrics and Project Development Status)
- Reconcile functions development status with planned project schedule
- Meet up with our clients to show latest progress and get feedback
- Mid Term Review Presentation
- Making the relevant changes after comments from the reviewers and supervisor
- Improve the current layout of Facebook
- Primary discussion on the UI design for B1G1 Widget.
- Poster designs and contents discussion
- Improve the visual aspect of B1G1 World. Integrating icons suggested by our clients into B1G1 World.
- Make necessary changes to our Facebook application after discussion with our client
- Started development of the Admin module and Widget
- Revamp Facebook Application layout to a new UI design after suggestion by client
- Incorporating Google Map API into Admin module
- Developing Algorithm for the admin module that allows the end user to update B1G1's partners address, through geocoding and reverse geocoding methods
- Widget Version 1 completed and was presented to our client
- Poster Draft 1 completed
- Poster Draft 2 completed after Supervisor feedback
- Recommendation Module for B1G1 World completed
- The team was recommended to attend the Youth Infocomm Day
- Widget UI design revamped after comments by clients