IS480 Team wiki: 2018T1 analyteaka changemanagement
As employed above, the change management strategies largely revolve around the effect towards the following factors:
1) Stakeholder that initiated the change
2) Reason behind requesting for the change
3) Consequences of implementing vs ignoring the changes to
4) Steps taken and documentation affected if the change was to be implemented
5) How to minimise the effects of the change to other unrelated project areas.
By following this structured approach to change management, we can work hand in hand with the relevant project stakeholders to manage their expectations with regards to change, gain their feedback and input during implementation and contribute to the eventual success of the project.
|Iteration||Date||Type||Change Reason||Description||Issued By||Decision||Action Taken||Request Status|
|3||22/6/2018||Schedule||Changing of UT schedule due to stackholder's schedule and re-estimate of task||Shifting the schedule of UT and shifting certain tasks around||Team||To go ahead||Proceed with change||Closed|
|7||14/8/2018||Schedule / Scope||Updating of schedule for changing of modules||Sponsor realize it would be useful to have marketing planning feature as well as bein able to name their categories as the cateorgies naming is ever changing. Having the system to do so would be great.||Sponsor||To go ahead with the change.||Proceed with change||Closed|