IS480 Team wiki: 2017T2 Bunanas Metrics Team
Stakeholder and Team
Stakeholder and Team Metrics measure the relationship that is maintain between the various stakeholders in the development of the Bunanas project and product. These include stakeholder engagement and team morale. The use of these metrics provide the team with a good understanding of the relationship it has within its members and its key stakeholders, ensuring that maximum value is delivered.
The psychological metric known as Flow was chosen on the recommendation of the Project Supervisor to better evaluate the team's morale on a weekly basis. Flow is measured along a two-dimensional axis of challenge and skill, with the theory postulating that a team is most effective when it faces a high mix of the two (In Flow). An extreme of challenge without skill causes one to be Anxious, an extreme of skill without challenge creates Boredom, and the lack of both creates Apathy.
This metric allows the team to understand each other's emotions, as well as the overall morale of the team. The Flow status is then presented to the Project Supervisor during each Weekly Tactical Meeting.
Throughout the course of the project, key sources of stress include project milestones, deadlines and other commitments faced by each team member.
Volunteering with Sponsor
To have a better relationship and understanding of our sponsor's requirements, the team volunteers with the sponsor
Primary Users: Admin
The Admins will be using the Bunanas Web application for their entire business process
Secondary Users: Beneficiary
The beneficiaries will be using the Bunanas Web application for food inventory requests
Secondary Users: Volunteers
The Admins will be using the Bunanas Mobile app for the Stocktaking and Packing workflow
- Admins are very supportive of the Bunanas Webpage, with the barcode scanner in place, it will greatly reduce input errors which are very prevalent in the current process flow which involves google sheet. When volunteers are using the google sheets, the freedom to choose category and classification gives rise to differing views and categorisation of similar products.
- Admins are keen and looking forward to look at the allocation which is generated by Bunanas Application (which mirrors the data from a live process which food bank has). Admins want to see how much the current allocation from he application differs from the allocation which the admin manually does.
- Volunteers are extremely eager to use the Bunanas Application to do the inventorising for donations, as the application with barcode scanning makes the process very efficient and error-free. They find that witht he current google form inventorising process, alot of assumptions needs to be made as many food items do not perfectly fall in one particular food item category/classification/description.
- The beneficiaries which we visited are very thrilled by the new implementation of Bunanas solution. With the new webpage to request for food items, they find it very user-friendly and intuitive to search and make for food items. The new solution (over excel sheets used in the past) makes it very simple to search and request for food items which they want and need.
- Also, now beneficiaries can do the requesting on the go with the Foodbank Webpage, which makes it convinient for the beneficiaries.
- A beneficiary organisation was also very keen to do a project with SMU students for their own process.