IS480 Team wiki: 2015T6 6nificance User Testing 3
|Technical Documents||Design Documents||Test Documents||Meeting Minutes||Proposal/Presentations|
|User Testing 1||Heuristic Evaluation||User Testing 2||User Testing 3|
Date: 16 November 2015, Monday
Duration: 30 mins per user
Number of Users: 20 Females
- Determine if user interface is intuitive
- Discover any usability problems
- To improve application based on User Testing 3 result
- User Module
- Design Module
- Photo Module
- Collection Module
- Social Module
- Testers will follow instructions in the questionnaire to use the app
- Testers will fill up the questionnaire as they follow the instructions
- Many users love the concept of the app:
- The function of searching posts by exact color
- Extracting real world colors into their phone
- Having a dedicated social media for nail art
- A few are concerned about not having enough nail photos
Android App Metrics
Listed below are the list of metrics that are recorded during User Testing 3 that will help us improve our application.
Average User Friendliness Score
Average Task Simplicity Score
- Users love the concept of the application where you can search posts by the exact shade of color.
- Users love the color recommendation "Complement/Contrast/Trio" that recommends colors that match the color chosen by the user.
- Users feels that it is refreshing to have a dedicated social media platform for nail art.
- Users are wow-ed by the function to selected color from any photo.
- Design is nice.
Having a high frequency shows that many users are having the same issue, it does not necessarily mean that the team is changing the complains mentioned. The team will review the complains mentioned as well as review if the complain negatively impacts functionality or the business process before deciding to make a change.
We presented the testers with 2 different version of the app. One is the one that they have downloaded, another one is the one loaded in our phones. There are a total of 4 difference between the 2 versions and we asked them 4 questions to determine which version is better so that we can use the ones that users think are better in our final product.
Changes and Improvements
Improvements from User Testing 2 to User Testing 3
Tasks that have been improved based on UT2 feedback that are also in UT3 are listed below. To show that our app has been made improvements from UT2, those tasks are listed down with their corresponding simplicity score.