IS480 Team wiki: 2015T6 6nificance Midterm Wiki
|Main Wiki||Midterm Wiki||Final Wiki|
- 1 Project Progress Summary
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Quality of Product
- 4 Reflection
Project Progress Summary
Midterm Slides: Download 6nificance Midterm Powerpoint Slides
Current Iteration: 8
Iteration Dates: 02 Oct 2015 - 08 Oct 2015
- Overall Project Progress: 70%
- Modules In-Progress: User, Social, Concierge
- Modules To-Be Done: Analytics
- Modules Completed: Design, Photo, Collection
- Team is therefore confident of completing the project and delivering the application on time
- Android Mobile Application to be deployed on Google Play Store on 06 Oct 2015
- Back-End Website has been successfully deployed on Google App Engine, http://1-dot-naildeckadminportal-1042.appspot.com/
- Project sponsor not confident of producing nail polishes within project timeline due to difficulties with sourcing good quality materials.
- After selecting a desired color, users can now pre-order nail polish from sponsor and receive it once sponsor is ready to deliver.
- Team proposed that application will become more focused on social media module in order to encourage active usage and preorders which sponsor agreed and accepted.
- Team has decided to revamp the whole UI of application to make it look more social media centric. These changes were done in iterations 6 and 7.
- Removal of navigation drawer
- Interlinked rest of application features with social module
- Created new high-fi prototypes
- Heuristic evaluation done before actual coding for revamp
|Module||Status||Confident Level (0-1)||Comment|
|Design||100%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|Photo||100%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|Collection||100%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|User||90%||1||1 remaining task to be completed after midterms.|
|Social||90%||0.9||1 remaining task to be completed after midterms. Optimizing to be done in iteration 11.|
|Concierge||80%||1||2 remaining tasks to be done after midterms.|
|Analytics||0%||0.8||Function to be done after midterms.|
- Removed determine user’s mood (User Module), recommend nail polish (Recommendation Module) and display metrics to admin (Recommendation Module)
- 5 new additional tasks: View Newsfeed (Website), Delete Post (Website), Metrics Collection (User Module), View User Profile (Social Module) and Content of Social Media (Analytics Module)
- User Testing 2 scheduled to be on 02 Oct
- Deployment to Play Store on 06 Oct
- Iteration 9 scheduled to start on 09 Oct instead on 12 Oct due to removal of buffer days due to delay in previous iterations
|Iteration||Planned Duration (Days)||Actual Duration (Days)||Schedule Metric Score||Action Taken||Status|
|5||14||16||0.88||More time needed to complete Update Profile function due to difficulties with uploading images to cloud database.
Follow up action: Informed supervisor about delay. Re-scheduled the dates and tasks of iteration 6. Reduced duration of iteration 6 from 14 days to 12 days. More coding hours per day were allocated in iteration 6.
|6||12||14||0.86||More time needed to research and complete Social Module due to complexity with creating a new social media platform from scratch.
Follow up action: Informed supervisor about delay. Re-scheduled the dates and tasks of iteration 7. Removed 2 buffer days in iteration 8.
|7||14||16||0.88||More time needed to debug bugs found in newsfeed and view color hashtag of social module
Follow up action: Informed supervisor about delay. Reduced duration of iteration 8 from 9 days to 7 days.
|Iteration||Bug Score||Bug Summary||Action Taken|
|3 high bugs were due to profile picture not being shown due to problems with uploading images to Cloud Database.||Resolve bugs immediately. End date of iteration 5 is delayed. PM to reschedule end dates and tasks of iteration 6.|
|1 critical bug was due to app cash when newsfeed refresh is attempted without internet connection. 2 high bugs were due to number of likes and color hashtags not being accurately recorded in database.||Resolve bugs immediately. End date of iteration 6 is delayed. PM to reschedule end dates and tasks of iteration 7.|
|5 high bugs were due to wrong user profile picture being displayed in the newsfeed, incorrect number of posts sometimes being displayed on user profile and incorrect color tags shown in each post.||Resolve bugs immediately. End date of iteration 7 is delayed. PM to reschedule end dates and tasks of iteration 8.|
|Risk Description||Category||Impact||Mitigation Strategy|
|Digital color in application may not match the physical color of nail polish.||High||Users may end up dissatisfied and no longer use the application.||Before ordering, a message will be displayed in the application. It will state that a money-back guarantee is provided if users do not think their nail polish color match with their requested color.|
|Team is unfamiliar with android development.||High||Project may be potentially delayed due to time spent on learning. Initial quality of application may be affected as there may be more bugs.||PM has allocated more time to Iteration zero to learn about android development.|
|Sponsor not confident of delivering within project timeline.||High||Users may not be encouraged to use the application since their desired nail polish may not be ready.||Team proposed that social module be the first item that users see to encourage them to actively use the application which sponsor agreed and accepted.|
Quality of Product
|Project Requirements||Market Research||Market Research|
|Metrics|| Schedule Metrics|
|Change Management||Change Management|
|Analysis||Use Case Diagram
System Sequence Diagram
|Testing||User Testing 1||User Testing 1|
|Heuristic Evaluation||Heuristic Evaluation|
|User Testing 2||User Testing 2|
- Deployed Back-End Admin Website Link: http://1-dot-naildeckadminportal-1042.appspot.com/
- Android mobile application to be deployed on Google Play Store on 06 Oct
|User Testing 1||08 Aug 2015||Based on testers' convenience||14 Female (Age 14-24 years old)
2 Male (Age 14-24 years old)
|User Testing 1|
|Heuristic Evaluation||12 Sept 2015||SMU||4 SMU female students||Heuristic Evaluation|
|User Testing 2||02 Oct 2015||SMU||21 Females||User Testing 2|
- Deeper insights into the world of colors
- Gained real-life experience of building a social media platform from scratch
- Experience in mobile application development and Google Services