IS480 Team wiki: 2015T2 Starteur User Testing 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Use Cases||Technical Diagrams||Design Documents||Meeting Minutes||User Testings||Project Documents|
- Location: SMU
- Date: 13 Feb 2016
- Time: 1pm
- Verify that functionalities built are in line with user requirements
- Determine if the user interface is intuitive
- Identify usability problems
- Identify additional functionalities that user may require
- Number of participants: 3
- Roles of participants: Management team of Reactor Industries (Finance, Customer Service, Trainer)
- Each of the users was given a list of tasks to complete. Click here to download tasklist.
- Before and after completing all the tasks, users are given a survey questionnaire to complete.
Collated Task Score
|Task||Participant 1||Participant 2||Participant 3||Overall Mean||Remark|
|1||Additional search functionalities||It might be presumptuous but if Starteur launches and we have alot of users. It will get difficult to identify an educator or Starteur user and help them in time. So being able to search for them and pull out their account details would be good. |
It will easier for us to be able to search for certain accounts or details
Clean, simple layout.
|2||Additional analytical features||It would be good if we have charts that state how many educators/Starteur accounts we have/increased each month. Then we can decide and use it to make business decisions. |
I like the layout and the numbers shown but maybe more colours?
I need to know how much subscriptions or purchases we have and some form of visuals would be good
User Study Summary
- Generally, users find the layout simple and the application easy to navigate around, despite their lack of experience with other administrative applications.
- However, users wish to have functions that allows them to analysis and provide support for business decisions.
User Study Takeaways
- With users' feedback, we identified areas that we may want to include E.g. Search & chart analytics.