IS480 Team wiki: 2015T2 Marreo Project Risk
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Project Schedule||Risk & Mitigation||Metrics|
|Risk Type||Risk Statement||Consequence||Likelihood||Impact||Mitigation Strategy|
|Technical Risk||Graph Paper is already live but undergoes frequent changes to the Graph Paper technology framework. These changes are made concurrently with the development of Marry.SG.||1. Functions in the Marry.SG application could become buggy.
2. Unplanned debugging time eating into tasks meant for other things during iterations. This may result in project delays.
|High||High||1. Communicate with client fortnightly to keep coders updated on changes being made to Graph Paper. Alert client if time is tight and instability is causing too many setbacks. Try to work towards a solution together. |
2. Have enough buffer time allocated to accommodate unplanned debugging tasks.
3. Have a set of robust test cases to ensure all possible errors and bugs can be identified.
4. Schedule stringent and frequent testing of systems during the end of all iterations to ensure that integration of new functions would not affect previously coded functions.
|Operational Risk||Unforeseen commitments or events of group members (E.g. Sickness, urgent family commitments, going on a holiday during term breaks, laptop not functioning)||1. Disruptions to progress
2. Project delays
|Mid||High||1. Review tasks and plans and make changes where possible. |
2. Schedule tasks in buffer period if it is not possible to reschedule tasks to accommodate the delay.
3. Alert client if some functions cannot ready by planned time.
4. Last resort: Alert client if some functions need to be dropped.