IS480 Team wiki: 2012T2 box.us Process Analysis
|HOME||PROJECT OVERVIEW||PROJECT MANAGEMENT||DOCUMENTATION|
VOLUNTEER MATCHING PROCESS
Empact has specifically identified the volunteer matching process to be the bottleneck in their entire operations. Based on a preliminary process analysis of the volunteer matching process, we have come up with 4 high-level phases of the volunteer matching process:
The volunteer matching process involves 3 different stakeholder groups:
- Volunteers: These are individuals, or group of individuals that sign up with Empact to be part of their volunteer pool.
- Empact Staff: The Empact staff that do the administrative work and the manual task of matching volunteers and NPO/SE with tasks that they are interested in and fits the skillsets required by the NPO/SE
- Non Profit Organisations/Social Enterprises(NPO/SE): These are the organizations that approach Empact for help in managing their events or to source for volunteers with the required skillsets.
- Task: Discrete unit of work/activity that has to be completed by a volunteer
- Question: General enquiries that does not require the volunteer to be active
- Assignment: Big projects that are often times broken down into smaller tasks by Empact staffs
As part of our collaborative partnership objective, BOX.US works closely with Empact to redefine their key business processes that will be handled by the system. For a clearer view please click on the image!
Task and Task review