IS480 Team wiki: 2012T2 box.us MidTerms
|HOME||PROJECT OVERVIEW||PROJECT MANAGEMENT||DOCUMENTATION|
- 1 Project Progress Summary
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Our Top 3 Risks
- 4 Reflection
Mid Terms Snapshots
We are 70% through with the functionalities of our system.
What unexpected events occurred?
- "Task" functionality took longer than expected to scope and develop
- Re-working of User Interface
- Drop of mobile functionalities
- No clear defined business process initially
View the detailed Project Scope on Google Docs to have an understanding of our Project Status
|Functions||Prototyping||Implemented||User Tested||Client Approved||Confident Level||Comment|
|Registration||Completed||In Progress||User Testing 1||Pending||1||Completed this module.|
|Task||Completed||In Progress||User Testing 1||Pending||1||Includes Task Review and Timesheet.|
|Questions||Completed||Completed||User Testing 1||Pending||1||Final touchups to be done and then to subject to heuristics testing.|
|Search||Completed||Completed||User Testing 2||Pending||1|
|Volunteer Records||Completed||In Progress||User Testing 2||Pending||1|
|Feedback Form||Completed||In Progress||User Testing 3||Pending||1||Requirements gathering completed. Left implementation to complete.|
|Statistics||In Progress||Not started||User Testing 3||Pending||1||Includes the dashboard for volunteers, Empact and NPOs.|
|Notification||In Progress||Not started||User Testing 3||Pending||1|
Project Schedule (Plan Vs Actual):
Take a look at our Project Schedule @ Mid Terms
Project Scope (Acceptance Vs MidTerms):
1) Added Interview Form
Enabled Empact to review through the information that was keyed in during the interview with the users
2) Added Feedback Form
Enabled volunteers to give inputs to Empact about whether the activity completed
3) Added Dashboard
Enabled users to access their information quickly Enabled Empact to view vital information about their system quickly
4) Dropped Mobile Functionalities
Mobile functionalities are a subset of the functionalities of the system Allows team to focus more on developing a good web application
Box.us uses a risk management plan to scan and mitigate risks that can arise. Please view the following for a view of how we manage our risks:
Our Top 3 Risks
|Priority||Type||Risk||Consequence||Likelihood||Impact Level||Risk Assessment Level||Mitigation Strategy|
Underestimation of time taken to complete a module
Higher than expected number of issues raised during testing(s)
Business process of client is not clearly defined, leading to constant changes in the business process and design of the system
Lessons Learnt from Managing Risks
Risk Management helps us to predict risk early and make necessary changes to the team even before the actual event happens.
- Issue Log has helped the team to have a systematic way of tracking the risks that can arise during the interactions between the team and between the meeting.
- Prototyping process has helped the team to visualize the end product early, but it also served as a communication tool between the different stakeholders in the project.
There should be some evidence of work in progress.
|Project Management||Minutes||Meeting Minutes|
The iteration reports covers the bug ratios and schedule ratios for each iteration.
|Change Management||Change Log on Google Docs|
|Issue Tracking||Issue Tracking on Google Docs|
|Project Schedule||Project Schedule on Google Docs|
|Analysis||Use case||Use Case Diagram|
|Business Process Diagram||Process Diagrams|
|Testing||User Testing 1 Test Plans||Test Plans used|
|Heuristic Evaluation User Scenarios||User Scenarios used|
|Integration Testings||Integration Testings|
Instructions on how to access the system
- Go to Empact's VOMA
- Log in with the provided credentials (Will be shown only during the presentation)
- Have fun!
Heuristics Evaluation 1
We conducted our 1st Heuristic Evaluation where we get our SIS experts, that is those who have taken or are currently taking Interaction Design and Prototyping (IS306) to critique and evaluate the usability issues of our web application.
For Further Actions
Heuristics Evaluation User Scenarios
User Testing 1
We conducted our 1st user testing to try out the new features and at the same time to also test how would the users respond to the system. Until then, there was no information about how would the different users react to the system.
Upcoming User Testings
- User Testing 2: 26 February 2013
- User Testing 3: 19 March 2013
- Change Management - A documented and ordered Change Management process to ensure that the interests of both parties are being captured.
- Issue Tracking - Tracking the many issues that are being raised by different stakeholders during the meetings
- Business Process diagram - Using these diagrams were effective in ensuring that every stakeholder is on the same page and have the same understanding
- Prototyping Process - Challenged the assumptions of all stakeholders about how the end system would look like and reduced the cost of changing the system at the start
- Integrate with one another - Because we came from 2 very diverse groups with very different way of working and understanding of the project, there were much conflicts that had to be resolved at the start of the FYP.
- Optimizing the strengths and weakness of members - Made a change of role during the middle of the project because we realized that some roles could be better played by one person and other roles better played by another person.
- Communication - This is the foremost important team that the team always seek to improve with the client