IS480 Team wiki: 2012T2 ElderLove Final
- 1 Project Progress Summary
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Quality of Product
- 4 Reflection
- 5 Comments
Project Progress Summary
- Unable to get validation from sponsor
- Seek validation from other relevant parties (Prof. Lian Chee, Dr. Win)
- New changes from Prof. Lian Chee in final weeks
- Prioritize changes keeping in mind time left for FYP and application usability
- Not allowed to install required packages for behavior analysis on Site5
- Customized backend codes to perform fairly similar functions
- RSS and Virtual Friend (good-to-have functions) were removed due to prioritized focus on changes to existing functions for optimization.
|Iteration||Task||Status||Confident Level (0-1)||Comment|
|1||Sponsor confirmation||100%||1||Mobipiazza and LARC|
|2||Project requirement gathering||100%||1|
|3||UI design paperprototyping||100%||1|
|4||Account setups (Log in/Log out)||100%||1||Admin, doctor, patient, family member |
Fully deployed and tested 100%
|5||Profile||100%||1||Admin, doctor, patient, family member |
|5||Broadcast||100%||1||Done and deployed on server provided by sponsor.|
|7||Broadcast||100%||1||Done and deployed on server provided by sponsor.|
|8||Feedback, Manage friend, Newsfeed||100%||1||Done and deployed on server provided by sponsor.|
|9||Patient management, Patient analysis||100%||1||Done and validated by Prof. Lian Chee. Deployed on server provided by sponsor.|
|10||Game||100%||1||Done and deployed on server provided by sponsor.|
|11||Calendar, Event||100%||1||Done and deployed on server provided by sponsor.|
|12||Patient management||100%||1||Done and deployed on server provided by sponsor.|
|13||Patient analysis||100%||1||Done and validated by Prof. Lian Chee. Deployed on server provided by sponsor.|
|15||UT 3, UT 4||50%||0.50||UT 3 completed, UT 4 with targeted patients/doctors will not be possible currently.|
|16||Final presentation||85%||1||Left with actual presentation.|
- Revision #1
- Description : removed RSS/Virtual Friend.
- Reason : after validation by Prof. Lian Chee, we have prioritized improvements to the application over the implementation of these good-to-have functions.
- Revision #2
- Description : removed UT4.
- Reason : unable to get targeted users.
- Spike in iteration 15
- Reason : Site5 server was down and packages that we needed to have installed were not allowed.
- Iteration 14 :
- Reason : addressed bugs from Midterm feedback.
- Iteration 15/16 :
- Reason : there were major UI changes (critical level: low) after consulting Prof. Lian Chee for validation.
|1||Unable to carry out UT with targeted users.||High||High||Seek for other parties to validate the system, e.g. Prof. Lian Chee, Dr. Win, elderly and friends.|
|2||Unable to have regular meetings and feedbacks from sponsor.||High||High||Ensure regular team feedbacks to sponsor and other validators, i.e. supervisor, Prof. Lian Chee.|
|3||Site5 server down and unsuccessful install of required packages for analysis on the server.||High||Medium||PM has to ensure and remind sponsor about payment for server and also seek approval to install these packages on the server. Customized coding to replicate packages.|
Risk update #1:
- Initially, we were supposed to have our system validated by doctors, but Prof. Lian Chee would like us to have our analysis validated before meeting the doctors. The misalignment between our sponsor's validation requirements and Prof. Lian Chee's validation requirements delays our meeting with targeted users.
Risk update #2
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, we were unable to have regular meetings with our sponsor to get feedbacks on application progress/updates.
Risk update #3
- Unforeseen circumstances with Site5 not allowing us to install the required packages. As such, we did our own coding to replicate the workings of the packages.
|1||Django framework||Django is a high-level python web framework that handles database query, modeling and back-end and front-end communication. The learning curve is steep as Django has a lot of features that are different from the normal python.||Entire project.|
|2||Bootstrap||This is the default CSS settings that come from the pinax framework. We needed to modify it to work with multiple browsers and resolutions and add in our own customizations.||*Patient functions|
|3||Integration with Django application||django_notification - this is a notification module widely leveraged by other modules.
django_friends - this is a friendship module that handles user relationships.
Both these modules have no documentations and are difficult to understand.
|5||rank sum test||Using rank sum test model for patient behavior pattern analysis (mood and dietary) of past week and past 3 month.
Intoduction of Rank Sum Test
Medical application (Chinese)
Quality of Product
|Design||System Architecture Diagram|
|Development Environment||Application deployed on Site5.|
|Database||Database deployed on Site5.|
|Handover||Instructions : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CbwSrmlJRL9kf_7pQ6u1TRJHe0oQQFS0rCl0USfUt4s/edit|
|Method||Users are given a brief introduction to Mobiplore and then asked to explore the website and note down what they could do on the website. No other guidance was given.|
|Data Collection||Users will fill in a google form with what they could do on the website (including feedbacks on UI/functionality).|
|Scope of Features Tested||
|Method||Given free reign to explore the website.|
|Data Collection||Minutes-taking by PMO.|
|Scope of Features Tested||
- Important to decipher what is realistically possible to complete with our abilities and what is good to have but beyond our abilities.
- Importance of task prioritization given the time frame.
- Take each setback as an opportunity to learn and grow from it.
- Team dynamics is very important.
|Wong Cai Ling||
|Professor Kyong Jin Shim (Our Sponsor)||
MobiPlore started out as a framework and the team's integrated lots of interesting features relevant to the objective of the project. We've given them a shared server via Site5 and the team's actively sought solutions/alternatives with respect to the framework set up and troubleshooting. All the graphics such as icons are creations done by the team members. If the first half of the FYP focused on setting up the framework and communicating back and forth on which of the requested requirements can be implemented, the second half of the FYP focused a lot more on testing and most importantly "validation". Ms. Lian Chee, having worked in healthcare industry for over 10 years and having dealt with similar systems and working directly with the doctors from KTPH, actively helped evaluate the various features of the system carefully and suggested amendments, especially in the analytics portion (which is an important part of this project). The team's taken the feedback positively, confirmed with Lian Chee and followed up very well and incorporated those changes that were requested. MobiPlore, today, looks a lot like what we (sponsor) envisioned. Obviously, there are lots more interesting stuff we can add, however, the team's met all the requirements asked in the beginning by the sponsor and performed all the tests necessary.
|Koh Lian Chee (Senior Instructor)||
I worked with team ElderLove in the validation of their application with respect its applicability in our local healthcare domain context. The Mobiplore application provides useful features that enable healthcare professionals, caregivers as well as relatives to engage with and to monitor the elderly remotely. I find the features of Mobiplore (especially the tracking of dietary, and social activity levels of the elderly) to have good potential for use by our local community.
The members of team ElderLove exhibited positive and responsible attitudes with regards to the handling of their project. They were always responsive and communicated clearly in all their dealings with me. They also took notes of all feedback well and worked hard to incorporate feedback into their application. I have seen marked improvements as a result when comparing their mid-term vs their final versions of their application.
|Dr Thein Than Win (HOPE Doctor)||
Dr. Win, an on-site doctor at HOPE, a NGO that oversees migrant workers’ health, has kindly used Mobiplore and provided some general feedbacks. He indicated that he was able to do the following well: 1. Logging into all three doctor, patient and family accounts 2. Change/update my profile 3. Invite friend 4. Click the given tabs under each account name
He has also given some feedbacks on how we can improve the usefulness of Mobiplore in the following ways: