HeaderSIS.jpg

IS480 Team wiki: 2008T2G4 Rojak/Minutes

From IS480
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Meeting Minutes

Meeting 1 (Client Meeting)

Meeting 1

DateJanuary 8, 2009 Thursday 6PM
VenueMeemo Pte Ltd, 59A Haji Lane
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Meemo Pte Ltd
Kevin Cheong
Toh Lay Ling
  1. Discussion on IP issues surrounding the project
    1. Meemo understood that the project will be built on Apache OFBiz, which is licensed under the Apache License, available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
    2. Meemo understood that it owns the rights only to Derivative Product (i.e. codes deriving from the project) and not OFBiz which the project is built on, subjected to terms in the below-mentioned MOU.
    3. Meemo was explained and understood the terms of the MOU regarding IP rights. The MOU will be prepared and signed at the next meeting.
  2. Administrative matters
    1. Meemo highlighted that it will liaise with only 1 member of the team to simplify communications.
    2. Meemo also hightlighted that both Layling and Kevin would be away on a business trip next Monday to Friday.
  3. Requirements and Process Flow
    1. Meemo was shown and accepted the list of requirements.
    2. Meemo made some slight changes to the process flow, but has given the go-ahead to work on the mock-up based on the process flow.
    3. Meemo will look through the mock-up of the website when they are back from their business trip.
  4. Work structure for the following week
    1. Ricky and Hafiz
      1. Deploy a working local copy of OFBiz.
      2. Provide recommendations on software tools for development.
    2. Wee Kee, Zixian and Zuhairi
      1. Complete the mock-up for presentation to Meemo.
    3. Wee Kee
      1. To make arrangements for the FYP server and lab access, and for SVN accounts.


Minutes - Meeting 2 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 2

DateJanuary 15, 2009 Thursday 2PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates for Week 2
    1. Updates on the OFBiz deployment
      1. Some minor issues with deployment due to issues with SVN codes
      2. Resolved: We'll be using stable release instead of the SVN builds which was recommended by the book
      3. Work Required: A working copy to be up by next meeting (Monday)
    2. Updates on the mock-up and further discussion if required
      1. To check with meemo how they want the quotation to be sent to the client by reseller; whether direct, or sent to reseller, who will send it out-of-system. (email etc)
      2. Work Required: To have the softcopy sent by this weekend
  2. Review and discussion of the Project Proposal and feedback provided
    1. To add a page for Learning Outcomes, update it as we learn something to facilitate compilation in mid-term and final report
    2. Not to crash the project so early, but increasing meeting to twice weekly. Meeting for combined will be 10AM Monday, or Sunday. in Sub-teams, will be either monday or tuesday. This will improve the efficiency. If progress is good, the project timeline will be crashed and functionalities/scope increased. There is increased risk of delay if we commit to a larger project scope too early before we fully understand software development using OFBiz.
    3. WRT unclear scope, scope is clarfied in the other documents, i.e. mock-up and process flow which will be presented to the client. However, we do note that use-case would be a good supplementary to the stated list of requirements, and this would be presented to the client as well.
  3. Review and discussion of work plan for Week 3
    1. Meet on Mon morning 11AM for short updates
      1. Zixian will be away on sailing competition
      2. Discussion on the entities (attributes, ACL)
      3. Finalize on the IDE
    2. Work to be completed before that
      1. Working copy of OFBiz (Ricky and Hafiz)
      2. Softcopy of mockup to be completed (Zuhairi)
      3. Team logo, and project logo (Zixian)
        1. Project logo to follow client's colour scheme (burgundy)


Minutes - Meeting 3 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 3

DateJanuary 19, 2009 Monday 11AM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
  1. Review and status updates for Week 2-2
    1. OFBiz deployment
      1. Deployment successful and running
      2. To be shifted to production machine instead of local computer once server access is provided
      3. Work Required: To configure the basic functionalities for Meemo
    2. Softcopy of Mockup
      1. Reviewed and accepted by team
      2. Work Required: To be presented to client in the next meeting with client
    3. Discussion on data entities
      1. Recognized the main entities of importance for current phase as Quotation, Items list in Quotation / Items, Users (Customer, Reseller, Meemo etc), Supplier, Payroll.
      2. To use a single list of items, with Access Control on individual items rather than 3 list of items, with AC on each list for Quotation
      3. Work Required: To review the various entities (depicted in OFBiz in XML), draw up the ER diagram and suggest required changes to the entities.
  2. Workplan for week 3
    1. Configure OFBiz's basic functionalities (Wee Kee)
    2. Discuss Mock-up with Client (Wee Kee)
    3. Supplier and Payroll Entities (Hafiz)
    4. Users (Zuhairi)
    5. Quotation and Items (Ricky)


Minutes - Meeting 4 (Group Meeting + Supervisor Meeting)

Meeting 4

DateJanuary 22, 2009 Thursday 12PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates for Week 3
    1. Mock-up
      1. Client was unable to meet up for discussion on the mock-up, but has however accepted the mock-up over the email.
    2. Entities
      1. Team agreed on the entities definition presented
      2. Entities will be coded by the pairs requiring its use within its module
      3. Project Manager must be informed of any changes to the entities, and will disseminate the information to the other pair if they are affected
    3. Configuration of basic OFBiz functionalities
      1. Non-essential modules are unlisted from the main bar, but can still be accessed via direct web address
    4. Server Issues
      1. Problems with accessing the server over the network (only http port working)
      2. Problems might be either issues with port forwarding, or network issues
      3. To verify if it is a network issue or a port forwarding issue
      4. Prof Baihua highlight that we can request for additional ports to be forwarded if required
  2. Discussion on the development of the functionalities/modules
    1. To commence development of modules
      1. The naming of the modules are changed to be more in line with industry standards, with the Reseller enters quotation functionality being called the RFQ module, while the Meemo updates quotation module is called the Quotation Module
      2. Hafiz and Zu will work on the RFQ (Reseller enters quotation) module
      3. Ricky and Zixian will work on the Quotation (Meemo updates quotation) module
  3. Workplan for Week 4
    1. RFQ Module (Hafiz and Zu)
    2. Quotation Module (Ricky and Zixian)
    3. Check on Server issues (Wee Kee)
    4. Input test information (Customer, Supplier) into the server (Wee Kee)


Minutes - Meeting 5 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 5

DateJanuary 29, 2009 Thursday 12PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates for Week 4
    1. Slow progress
      1. Progress is slow due to the Chinese New Year holidays as well as problems with the module deployment
      2. This week's deliverables of modules deployable in the hot-deploy folder was not met
      3. Team is reminded of the need to keep up with project schedule
    2. Steep Learning Curve
      1. Team highlights the problem of the steep learning curve
      2. Hafiz bought up the point that some of the instructions in the book are not accurate, probably due to version difference
  2. Discussion on programming for OFBiz and troubleshooting
    1. Team went through the debugging together and was able to compile and deploy both modules
    2. Team was unable to test the operations of the CRUD operations on the entities at the moment
  3. Workplan for week 5
    1. Forms/UI (.ftl files) for the modules must be up and running by next week


Minutes - Meeting 6 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 6

DateFebruary 5, 2009 Thursday 12PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates for Week 5
    1. Forms/Screens (ftl files)
      1. Forms/Screens were successfully created using the .ftl files
    2. Project progress
      1. Project progress is back on track
  2. Development Server
    1. Server status/updates
      1. Server on one side of the room had issues with port forwarding
      2. Kejie kindly allowed us to switch the server we are using
      3. Port forwarding issues are fixed, with ports http-80,https-443,rdc-3889 forwarded.
      4. Team decided that there is no need to request for additional open ports.
      5. Port usage:
        1. http-80: used for SVN server
        2. https-443: used for OFBiz deployment
        3. rdc-3889: used for remote desktop
      6. Username and password created for all members
    2. OFBiz Server
      1. Team to configure PC to point hostname ofbiz to ip 10.0.106.20 to allow easier access (OFBiz is assessable via https://ofbiz/)
    3. SVN server
      1. Instructions are to be strictly followed during configuration of SVN to prevent accidental overriding of deployment files
      2. Completed modules are to be placed in the hot-deploy folder for testing purposes
  3. Discussion on next week's deliverables
    1. Issues with backend integration
      1. Zu has tried programming for the backend integration and has encountered some problems following instructions provided by the book
      2. Tutorial provided by the book is too basic and was not suitable for our purpose
      3. Zu found a tutorial online for module development which would be useful.
  4. Workplan for week 6
    1. Backend integration to be completed


Minutes - Meeting 7 (Group Meeting + Supervisor Meeting)

Meeting 7

DateFebruary 12, 2009 Thursday 10AM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates for Week 6
    1. Integration problem
      1. Problems integrating with OFBiz built-in modules
      2. Problem due to the self-developed entities as they cannot be read directly from the built-in OFBiz modules
      3. Tried, but found it unfeasible to modify the framework to take in the updated entities
  2. Discussion on project issues
    1. Integration problem with entities
      1. Team decide to use the built-in OFBiz entities
      2. Mapping from our "internal entities" to be done within our codes
      3. Use of the built-in entities would be standardized, and a wiki page to be set up for the mappings
      4. Prior to use of the built-in entities, coders must check the wiki page for the current mappings, and re-use if possible. If there are no mapped fields, coders are to input it in the wiki page. If re-use is not possible, a meeting will be held to resolve/deconflict the mapping issues.
    2. Development with entities
      1. By using the built-in OFBiz entities, we are able to leverage on the existing services used for the CRUD operations of the entities
      2. However, there is a need to modify the services such that we either remove the constraints on the fields (some fields cannot be left empty, but we are not using those fields), or to fill up the fields with dummy data
      3. We can choose to either copy out the existing services .java files and modify them to suit our needs OR
      4. We can extend the existing java files, and make modifications by overwriting the codes when necessary
      5. Team feels that the 2nd method is better as we would be able to easily differentiate our own codes from the original and also for compatibility issues, but realize that the unique structure of OFBiz might makes this impossible, as we might not be able to reference the java classes used by another module
      6. Nevertheless, the team will try out the 2nd method first, and fall back on the first only if necessary
    3. Labels format standardization / naming convention
      1. OFBiz allows the use of a label file to allow for localization
      2. Label files would be useful for Meemo as there is a possibility that they would expand to other countries, particularly Japan
      3. However, labels are reused throughout OFBiz, i.e. label QuotationName is accessible from the RFQ module even though it is declared in the RFQ module
      4. A Labels Naming Convention is thus needed for the labels to prevent clashes
    4. Differences in approach to solving problems / coding modules
      1. Team realized that there is a wide difference in the approaches to solving problem
      2. Team decide to dedicate 1 full day in the mid-term break to the discussion on our approaches and problem-solving methodologies
    5. Meeting with client
      1. Team has not been able to schedule a meeting with the client due to their busy schedule
      2. This poses a large risk to the project in terms of the requirements
      3. A meeting would be planned for in the mid-term break. Besides just demonstrating the iteration 1 functions, prototypes of the iteration 2 functions would be developed and demonstrated as well
      4. This would allow them to run through iteration 2 functions as well in case we are unable to meet up with them later on
  3. Workplan for week 7
    1. Mid-term review (Weekee will collate, with information from rest of the team)
    2. Complete development of the RFQ and Quotation module for Iteration 1


Minutes - Meeting 8 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 8

DateFebruary 19, 2009 Thursday 2PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates for Week 7
    1. Slow progress on actual OFBiz coding as team was working on mid-term submission, and many members had presentations and mid-term examinations
  2. Iteration 1 modules
    1. Team has been splitting up the work such that everyone learns and understands how OFBiz works
    2. Team decided that work for iteration 1 modules should be re-organized to speed up development
    3. Team agreed on the following specialization scheme for iteration 1 modules:
      1. Ricky to concentrate on Add/edit Quotation
      2. Zu to concentrate on Add/edit RFQ
      3. Hafiz to work on list/search all quotations and RFQs, and for individual resellers to view only their own quotations. (All are essentially variation of the search functionality)
      4. Zixian to start on Iteration 2 UI/Screens early to allow team to kick-start iteration 2 development once iteration 1 development is completed
      5. Weekee to work on testing, integration, and enhancements once Zu and Ricky are done with their part
  3. Work plan for Week 8
    1. Meeting on Tues, Wed, Thurs
    2. One meeting will be dedicated to discussion on OFBiz development strategies and approach as previously discussed
    3. Plan to finish iteration 8 by end of the week


Minutes - Meeting 9 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 9

DateFebruary 24, 2009 Tuesday 2PM
VenueLibrary Project Room 4.4
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates
    1. Saving of entities into OFBiz
      1. Quotation entities can be saved, and basic tests are performed by using the original Quotation module to retrieve the quotation entities saved
      2. Some complication arose with the saving of RFQ entities
    2. Meeting with client on Thursday
      1. Client revert that they are unable to meet this week due to Natas fair
      2. Client agreed to meeting early next week for demonstration of modules
  2. Complication with saving of RFQ entities
    1. Debugged and found the problem to be with function clashes. Functions were developed with the same name as a certain framework function, and hence caused it to be overwritten, causing problems when other modules are ran
    2. Decided on a naming convention to prevent other such clashes
  3. Resolving issues with referential integrity
    1. Some of the fields in the built-in entities are not used, but are required by OFBiz
    2. Hidden fields with default values for such fields would be added in the forms to satisfy the referential integrity requirements
  4. Editing of documents within framework
    1. Any changes must be documented in-line, and code deletion must be done only through commenting out, and not direct deletion


Minutes - Meeting 10 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 10

DateFebruary 25, 2009 Tuesday 3PM
VenueLibrary Project Room 4.11
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates
    1. RFQ (Zu)
      1. RFQ entity can now properly saved in the database
      2. Problems with adding the link to “Add Item” to the screen
    2. Quotation (Ricky)
      1. Quotation entity can be properly saved
      2. Line item in Quotation can be properly saved
      3. Problem with matching Quotation line item to the correct Quotation
      4. Problem is as Quotation ID cannot be passed between screens
      5. Ricky expect problem to be solved by tonight
    3. View all RFQs/Quotation (Hafiz)
      1. Able to view all quotation stored using the built-in OFBiz module
      2. Waiting for Ricky to complete Quotation module for testing
      3. Confident of implementing view all functions for both RFQ and Quotation in a day once testing with Quotation module is complete


Minutes - Meeting 11 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 11

DateFebruary 26, 2009 Thursday 3PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 2 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Discussion on FYP project
    1. Approaches to solving problem
    2. Approaches to development on OFBiz











Minutes - Meeting 12 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 12

DateMarch 3, 2009 Tuesday 3PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 2 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates
    1. RFQ module fully working
  2. Workplan for the week
    1. Prepare for demonstration of RFQ module to client on Thursday











Minutes - Meeting 13 (Group+Client Meeting)

Meeting 13

DateMarch 9, 2009 Thursday 1PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 2 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Meeting with client
    1. Client happy with product so far
    2. Client requested for certain changes to be made
      1. Reseller does not need to select their name (but rather, userid is based on login id)
      2. Changing of certain labels
        1. Request date to event date
        2. Bigger textbox
        3. internal comment to comment/remarks
      3. Use single description box rather than separate items
      4. Add fields for certain important information such as quantity, no. of pax


Minutes - Meeting 14 (Group+Supervisor Meeting)

Meeting 14

DateMarch 9, 2009 Tuesday 10AM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Meeting with Baihua
    1. Routine updates
      1. Client happy with progress of project so far
      2. Some changes requested for RFQ module, which the team is currently working on
  2. Workplan for the week
    1. Functionality: Generate PO
      1. Zuhairi
    2. Functionality: Generate SO
      1. Hafiz and Zixian
    3. Development of the above 2 functionalities
      1. Team to first look through the current flow using the existing system, and look at the parameters that are passed/required for it to work
    4. Coordination between the 2 sub-teams
      1. Ricky
      2. Ricky to coordinate between the 2 sub-teams, and help with information/learning experience transfer
    5. RFQ module
      1. Wee Kee
      2. Wee Kee to clean up the RFQ modules as according to the client's needs as stated in Minutes 13

Minutes - Meeting 15 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 15

DateMarch 12, 2009 Thursday 2PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 2 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates
    1. Problem with generating PO and SO
      1. Codes were done in Java, and not minilang that we were used to
      2. Estimated that some time (approximately 1 week) extra is required for us to get used to the java coding
  2. Workplan for the week
    1. Team to continue looking into the codes and discuss the findings next meeting





Minutes - Meeting 16(Group Meeting)

Meeting 16

DateMarch 17, 2009 Tuesday 3PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 2 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates
    1. RFQ module cleaned up, and tested to be working
    2. Heavy use of ShoppingCart and some other related objects
      1. Team is not clear how and why this is related to the generating of PO and SO
      2. Team will continue to look into it and share findings next meeting







Minutes - Meeting 17 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 17

DateMarch 19, 2009 Thursday 2PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 3 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates
    1. Team figured out the use of Shopping Cart object
      1. It's essentially used as a holder for Items before they are processed into either a PO or O
      2. It is OFBiz way of genericfying all orders to be processed via the ShoppingCart
    2. Complexities due to the passing of parameters across multiple pages just to get 1 PO/SO created
      1. Zu tested out calling the servlets sequentially via controller
      2. However, the parameters passing cannot be properly controlled
      3. Errors are also not properly shown, and debugging is troublesome as the reach request is passed over multiple services and code functions
      4. Team decided on integrating them on the model level (1 function to call the rest of the functions) instead to cut down on such problems

Minutes - Meeting 18 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 18

DateMarch 24, 2009 Tuesday 3PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates
    1. Problem with using 1 function to call all the other functions
      1. Could not create request object to store the information to be passed
      2. Debugged and found the problem to be with HttpRequest
    2. Problem with HttpRequest
      1. HttpRequest is an interface and cannot be instantiated directly
      2. Team to write mock classes to store and pass the information
  2. Workplan for the week
    1. Creating a suite of mock objects for HttpRequest, HttpResponse, ServletContext, and HttpSession
      1. Wee Kee
    2. Write codes to retrieve the type, and data of the parameters and attributes stored in the request and session passed through the various pages
      1. Rest of the team

Minutes - Meeting 19 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 19

DateMarch 26, 2009 Thursday 2PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates
    1. Problem with HttpRequest
      1. Problem is fixed with the Mock objects created
      2. Team to move on with the development of the functions










Minutes - Meeting 20 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 20

DateMarch 27, 2009 Friday 3PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates
    1. Hafiz had problem with compilation of the codes
      1. Debugged and found problem to be with ofbiz-component.xml
      2. The ofbiz-component.xml file used was from another module, which does not use java codes, and hence, did not load the .jar files










Minutes - Meeting 21 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 21

DateApril 1, 2009 Wednesday 7PM
VenueLibrary Project Room 4.4
Duration 3 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Presentation Rehearsal












Minutes - Meeting 22(Group Meeting)

Meeting 22

DateApril 2, 2009 Thursday 2PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 4 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates
    1. Wee Kee met up with Prof Narayan to talk about OFBiz
      1. Narayan is quite interested in the project, and how development with OFBiz is like
    2. Problem with Generate PO functionality when testing with other items
      1. Debugged and found problem with supplier's ID
      2. Supplier's ID entered (temporaily hardcoded) must match the supplier's ID with the product for the PO generation to work
      3. Zu to temporarily change the hardcoded supplier's ID to test with other items first





Minutes - Meeting 23 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 23

DateApril 3, 2009 Friday 2PM
VenueSIS Level 3 Benches
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates
    1. Generate PO function working
      1. Currently, the productId and quantity are hardcoded from within the codes for testing purposes
  2. Workplan for the week
    1. Allow productId and quantity to be passed as parameters
      1. Wee Kee
      2. Wee Kee to edit the codes to allow the information to be passed as GET parameters
      3. URL will be /createPurchaseOrder?productId=XXX&quantity=XXX
    2. Remove hardcoding of supplier Id
      1. Zu
      2. Zu to check product's supplier from within the product
      3. and pass the supplier Id to the function as parameters in the code

Minutes - Meeting 24 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 24

DateApril 7, 2009 Tuesday 3PM
VenueLibrary Viewing Rm 2-1
Duration 1 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Review and status updates
    1. SO and PO module working
  2. Workplan for the week
    1. Commence integration of Generate PO and Generate SO with Create Order from Quote
      1. Wee Kee
    2. Update screens/UI
      1. Zu
      2. Clean layout for the RFQ module as its used by the resellers
      3. Clean up th interface for the rest of the modules as well
    3. Testing of Accounting features
      1. Ricky
      2. Ricky to test out the Accounting features, and write the documentation for using the accounting functionalities
    4. Cleaning up of company information/users
      1. Hafiz and Zixian
      2. Add new users and groups to the system
      3. Change the company info (name etc) on the system

Minutes - Meeting 25 (Group+Supervisor Meeting)

Meeting 25

DateApril 8, 2009 Wednesday 2PM
VenueSIS SR 3-2
Duration 2 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Presentation Rehearsal
  2. Review and status updates
    1. Problem with creating PO for certain items
      1. Debugged and found problem due to currency used.
      2. Debugging process took very long as it was a logic, and not a syntxt error
      3. Problem lies with an obscure field which our services did not save to
      4. No data integrity constrains were violated, hence no error was thrown
      5. However, retrieval of item'sprice failed as the currency did not match




Minutes - Meeting 26 (Group+Client Meeting)

Meeting 26

DateApril 10, 2009 Friday 10AM
Venue59A Haji Lane
Duration 2 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Meeting with client
    1. Client pleased with the product so far, and happy with the Order Management features
    2. Client likely to proceed with phase 2 of overall project
    3. Client commented that they will likely need small tweaks to the UI in the long run
      1. As they will only know their exact needs after they use the system fully
      2. Such requests will be handled as request-change under the maintenance scheme with the client







Minutes - Meeting 27 (Group Meeting)

Meeting 27

DateApril 12, 2009 Sunday 1PM
VenueSIS SR 3-1
Duration 3 hr
Meeting AttendeesTeam Rojak
Wee Kee
Zuhairi
Ricky
Hafiz
Zixian
  1. Rehearsed Presentation
  2. Review and status updates
    1. Integration problem with Generate SO from quote
      1. SO item must be in Product listing for SO to be generated.
      2. Currently, services provided in-house are not entered into the Product listing, hence SO cannot be generated
    2. Outline of solution to solve the problem
      1. Generate Quote: Create a Product (Service) for every Quote Item generated, with supplier as Meemo itself
      2. Generate PO: Do not generate PO if supplier of product is itself
      3. Generate SO: should run normally
    3. Problem to be solved after presentation
      1. There is a high risk to attempt solution in final week just before presentation
      2. Solution might end up breaking links to other areas, and there is insufficient time to comprehensively test out all the other functions now
      3. Furthermore, team cannot allocate sufficient time due to commitments to exams