IS427: Technopreneurship Study Mission
South Korea & Japan
| Academic Year 2013-2014 (Term 2): January to May 2014
|| Benjamin Gan
|| SIS Room 5034; School of Information System, SIS
|| +65 6828 0267
|| SIS SR 3.1
|| Thur 12.00 noon to 3.15pm
| Travel Date:
|| April 29th - May 9th 2014
|| 75 % of the cost will be subsidized
|| None. However priority will be given to: |
(a) from the ABT-Technopreneurship track,
(b) from LKCSB entrepreneurship track,
(c) with prior start-up experience,
(d) are currently starting a technology based company.
| Last Years wiki:
|| 2013 2012
| Team's Facebook:
| Team Blog:
|| Hallyu Tsunami
| Team's Photo Collection:
|| Pinterest Board
| Trip Recap Summary Video:
Important & Special Notes
To help us to understand you better, please fill up your particulars here!
- Students who are unable to make it on the travel dates are advised not to take this module.
- Students in their first or final year/term are not encouraged to take this module.
- Priority and subsidy will be given to the following students who show evidence that they are entrepreneurially inclined. This could mean
- they have started a company
- have signed up for either Technopreneurship track or entrepreneurship concentration at the LKCSB or attended relevance courses
- have attended IIE events regularly
- have been a member of SMU Ventures or Real Business student clubs
- willing to undertake an internship at some of the start-up companies
- If an internship opportunity has been secured with a particular student who have expressed an interest in the company but subsequently decide not to take it up, he/she will have to repay the 75% subsidy given during the TSM. Students will be asked to sign an indemnity form and a declaration with acknowledge to repay 75% subsidy if internship is not taken up.
- Students enrolling for the course will be required to pay a deposit of approximately S$1000 for the cost of boarding, lodging and the airfare differential on week 3. This will include the unsubsidised TA cost (if we have a TA)
- Students are required to contribute to a petty cash fund ($200) for expenses such as memento for each company, interpreter, hosting guest, tips for guide/driver, welfare, t-shirt, banner and miscellaneous cost. TA will coordinate (or assigned student)