IS480 Team wiki: 2016T2 Friendchise Midterm Wiki
- 1 Project Progress Summary
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Quality of Product
- 4 Reflection
Project Progress Summary
Midterm Slides: Download Friendchise Midterm Powerpoint Slides
Current Iteration: 12
Iteration Dates: 15 Feb - 28 Feb 2016
- Overall Project Progress: 70%
- Modules In-Progress: Blacklist, Upload image, Notifications
- Modules To-Be Done: Advanced mobile UAM, Usability
- Modules Completed: Mobile UAM, Job search, Job application, Favourite jobs, Job processing, Job postings, Admin UAM, Social media, Email notification, Broadcast notifications
- Team is therefore confident of completing the project and delivering the application on time
- Final Android Mobile Application to be deployed on Google Play Store on 28 March 2016
- As RWS Jobs app prides itself on a short and sweet user registration and job application, as well as speeding up processing of applications (administrators' end), team has proposed to client an upload photo function that includes facial detection in-app. This photo feature will be one less document for the administrator to request from shortlisted candidate and be immediately reflected onto applicant's template CV for processing.
- This module has therefore been named as Advanced Mobile UAM and replaces the previously dropped Dashboard module (for web administrators). Refer to the change management documents for more details here.
Planned Project Schedule
Actual Project Schedule
|Module||Status||Confident Level (0-1)||Comment|
|Mobile UAM||100%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|Job Search||100%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|Job Application||100%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|Favourite Jobs||100%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|Job Processing||100%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|Job Postings||100%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|Admin UAM||100%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|Notifications||90%||0.8||1 remaining task to be completed after midterms.|
|Social Media||100%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|Email Notification||10%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|Upload Image||0%||0.8||Function to be done after midterms.|
|Broadcast Notifications||100%||1||Fully deployed and tested 100%. Sponsor approved.|
|Usability||0%||0.8||Function to be done after midterms.|
|Blacklist||0%||0.8||Function to be done after midterms.|
|Advanced UAM||0%||0.8||Function to be done after midterms.|
- Dropped 1 module - Dashboard Module
- Added 1 module - Advanced UAM Module
- Successful Deployment to Google Play Store on 22-02-2016 (In Production Mode)
|Technology||Unfamiliar with Android mobile technology and Spring framework||High||High||Project Manager: Arrange for crash course and update team members of available online resources.
Backend Developer: Find out how much effort is needed in Android Development and advise the Project Manager in future planning of schedules.
|Team Resources||Team members may fall sick or laptops may crash||Medium||Medium||All members: Always duplicate a copy of documentation or code in dropbox, to ensure at least one working copy.
Project Manager: To keep RWS Sponsor updated regularly and ensure that frontend and backend codes are up to date.
|Client Resources||Inaccessibility of client servers||High||High||Project Manager: Tap onto school resources for the time being until client provides the green light to shift to client side server.|
|Project Management||Functions might change over time as RWS might have new features to suggest||Medium||Medium||Project Manager: Adjust schedule with necessary changes whenever new functions come in. Seek opinions from team members as to whether new scope is manageable.|
|Scheduling||Difficult to measure complexity of tasks and the necessary effort required||Medium||Medium||Project Manager: Conduct review of approximation via schedule metrics at end of every iteration.
Quality of Product
- Deployed Back-End Admin Website Link: http://rwsjobportal-pohhui.rhcloud.com/login.jsp
- Android Mobile Application Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rws.jobs.app.androidfive
|System Integration Testing||12 Feb 2016||SMU Group Study Room||Friendchise Team|
|User Testing 1||25 - 27 Jan 2016||SMU Group Study Room||18 - 25 year old individuals|
|User Testing 2||26 - 27 Feb 2016||SMU Group Study Room||18 - 25 year old individuals|
- Importance of managing client expectation
- Opportunity to explore mobile application development
- Importance of adapting to changing requirements