Difference between revisions of "IS480 Team wiki: 2015T6 6nificance Final Wiki"
|Line 160:||Line 160:|
Revision as of 00:19, 23 November 2015
|Main Wiki||Midterm Wiki||Final Wiki|
- 1 Project Progress Summary
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Quality of Product
- 4 Reflection
Project Progress Summary
- Successful Deployment in Google Play Store on 13th November. Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sozoco.co.naildeck
- Successful Deployment of Back-End Admin Website on Google App Engine. Link: http://1-dot-naildeckadminportal-1042.appspot.com/
- 3 User Testings and 1 heuristic evaluation conducted. User Testing #3 conducted in NUS.
- Team decided to revamp the whole UI of application to make it look more social media centric. These changes were done in iterations 6 and 7:
- Removal of navigation drawer and interlinked rest of application features with social module.
- Created new high-fi prototypes and conducted heuristic evaluation before actual coding for revamp.
- Team proposed and formed partnerships with nail salons to generate more nail art posts which sponsor agreed and accepted.
- DIY nail polish kit is removed as project sponsor highlighted issues with finding suppliers for the DIY kit.
- Project sponsor not confident of producing nail polishes within project timeline due to difficulties with sourcing good quality materials.
- Users will instead express interest in the color of nail polish and receive it once sponsor is ready to deliver.
- Team proposed that application be more social media focused in order to encourage active usage and interests which sponsor agreed and accepted.
- Active posting of nail art pictures by our nail salon partners in Singapore.
- Targeted local and international nail art communities. Received downloads from Singapore and other countries.
- Additional functions in website to view newsfeed and delete post dropped due to more time needed on optimization task for loading speed of images in mobile application
- Content of social media task dropped due to more time needed on optimization task for color sorting of images in mobile application
- Delete post added in mobile application to allow users to delete their undesired posts
- Optimization tasks for loading of images and search posts based on color added in iteration 9
- Additional functions for back-end admin website to view newsfeed and delete posts removed from iterations 9 and 10
- Delete post in mobile application added in iteration 10
- Alternate view to allow users to see posts in screen view mode dded in iteration 10
- User Testing #3 rescheduled from 2nd Nov to 9th Nov
|Iteration||Planned Duration (Days)||Actual Duration (Days)||Schedule Metric Score||Action Taken||Status|
|9||17||19||0.89||More time needed to optimize loading speed of images and sorting color algorithm
Follow up action: Informed supervisor about delay. Reduced duration of iteration 10 from 14 days to 12 days
|10||12||13||0.92||Estimates are generally accurate and on track. Proceed as per normal.
|11||14||14||1.00||Estimates are generally accurate and on track. Proceed as per normal.
|Iteration||Bug Score||Bug Summary||Action Taken|
|3 high bugs due to posts not being sorted properly, profile picture not being shown and blank page being shown when users' profile are shown.||Used the planned debugging time in iteration 9. Team was able to fix the identified bugs within the planned debugging time.|
|3 high bugs were due to trends not showing the correct number of posts and saved colors||Used the planned debugging time in iteration 10. Team was able to fix the identified bugs within the planned debugging time.|
|Loading of incorrect images in newsfeed of social module||Used the planned debugging time in iteration 11. Team was able to fix the identified bugs within the planned debugging time.|
|Risk Description||Category||Impact||Mitigation Strategy|
|Digital color in application may not match the physical color of nail polish.||High||Users may end up dissatisfied and no longer use the application.||Before ordering, a message will be displayed in the application. It will state that a money-back guarantee is provided if users do not think their nail polish color match with their requested color.|
|Social newsfeed may have little nail art pictures posted by users||High||Users may end up dissatisfied and no longer use the application||Team partnered with various nail salons to post their nail art pictures in exchange for free advertising|
|Sponsor not confident of delivering within project timeline.||High||Users may not be encouraged to use the application since their desired nail polish may not be ready.||Team proposed that social module be the first item that users see to encourage them to actively use the application which sponsor agreed and accepted.|
Quality of Product
|Project Requirements||Market Research||Market Research|
|Metrics|| Schedule Metrics|
|Change Management||Change Management|
|Analysis||Use Case Diagram
System Sequence Diagram
|Testing||User Testing 1||User Testing 1|
|Heuristic Evaluation||Heuristic Evaluation|
|User Testing 2||User Testing 2|
|User Testing 3||User Testing 3|
- Google Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sozoco.co.naildeck
- Deployed Back-End Admin Website Link: http://1-dot-naildeckadminportal-1042.appspot.com/
|User Testing 1||08 Aug 2015||Based on testers' convenience||14 Female (Age 14-24 years old)
2 Male (Age 14-24 years old)
|User Testing 1|
|Heuristic Evaluation||12 Sept 2015||SMU||4 SMU female students||Heuristic Evaluation|
|User Testing 2||02 Oct 2015||SMU||21 Females||User Testing 2|
|User Testing 3||16 Nov 2015||NUS||20 Females||User Testing 3|
As a team with 5 men and 1 woman, we have learnt about how the nail polish and nail art industry works, and at the same time how it feels to work in partnership with a start-up. As Team 6nificance is not familiar with the nail polish industry or colour-cosmetic industry, it took us much effort to understand the consumer behavior of nail art/polish lovers and business partners, and also how we can build our application to the needs of these 2 major groups of users to our application. Coming from a complete understanding of what are their needs, we also tried to implement economics mechanism within the application, such as incentivising business partners (nail parlours or salons) to generate promotional contents for their own business services. In turn, users will get to enjoy loads of nail designs and also get to know more about nail polish parlours or salons on our social media platform. This strategy has proven to be successful, which is only possible through all efforts taken in understanding the industry and the users. We have also received attention from a local competitor, who specialises in a colour-cosmetic related application, and this attention allows us to have a glimpse of the harshness of the real-world.
On the technical side, the team has also learnt about how colours are interpreted within computers and through different models such as Hue Saturation Value (HSV), Hue Saturation Light (HSL), LAB and the traditional RGB model. As we are dealing a lot with digital colours, there is a need to understand the differences between each of these models and how their application affects our application. In order to effectively analyse the different models, we also learnt how to use the colour gamut in analysing the pros and cons of different models.