Difference between revisions of "IS480 Team wiki: 2015T6 6nificance Final Wiki"
|Line 263:||Line 263:|
Revision as of 22:57, 22 November 2015
|Main Wiki||Midterm Wiki||Final Wiki|
- 1 Project Progress Summary
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Quality of Product
- 4 Reflection
Project Progress Summary
- Successful Deployment in Google Play Store on 13th November. Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sozoco.co.naildeck
- Successful Deployment of Back-End Admin Website on Google App Engine. Link: http://1-dot-naildeckadminportal-1042.appspot.com/
- 3 User Testings and 1 heuristic evaluation conducted. User Testing #3 conducted in NUS.
- Team decided to revamp the whole UI of application to make it look more social media centric. These changes were done in iterations 6 and 7:
- Removal of navigation drawer and interlinked rest of application features with social module.
- Created new high-fi prototypes and conducted heuristic evaluation before actual coding for revamp.
- Team proposed and formed partnerships with nail salons to generate more nail art posts which sponsor agreed and accepted.
- DIY nail polish kit is removed as project sponsor highlighted issues with finding suppliers for the DIY kit.
- Project sponsor not confident of producing nail polishes within project timeline due to difficulties with sourcing good quality materials.
- Users will instead express interest in the color of nail polish and receive it once sponsor is ready to deliver.
- Team proposed that application be more social media focused in order to encourage active usage and interests which sponsor agreed and accepted.
- Active posting of nail art pictures by our nail salon partners in Singapore.
- Targeted local and international nail art communities. Received downloads from Singapore and other countries.
- Additional functions in website to view newsfeed and delete post dropped due to more time needed on optimization task for loading speed of images in mobile application
- Content of social media task dropped due to more time needed on optimization task for color sorting of images in mobile application
- Delete post added in mobile application to allow users to delete their undesired posts
- Optimization tasks for loading of images and search posts based on color added in iteration 9
- Additional functions for back-end admin website to view newsfeed and delete posts removed from iterations 9 and 10
- Delete post in mobile application added in iteration 10
- Alternate view to allow users to see posts in screen view mode dded in iteration 10
- User Testing #3 rescheduled from 2nd Nov to 9th Nov
|Iteration||Planned Duration (Days)||Actual Duration (Days)||Schedule Metric Score||Action Taken||Status|
|9||17||19||0.89||More time needed to optimize loading speed of images and sorting color algorithm
Follow up action: Informed supervisor about delay. Reduced duration of iteration 10 from 14 days to 12 days
|10||12||13||0.92||Estimates are generally accurate and on track. Proceed as per normal.
|11||14||14||1.00||Estimates are generally accurate and on track. Proceed as per normal.
|Iteration||Bug Score||Bug Summary||Action Taken|
|3 high bugs due to posts not being sorted properly, profile picture not being shown and blank page being shown when users' profile are shown.||Used the planned debugging time in iteration 9. Team was able to fix the identified bugs within the planned debugging time.|
|3 high bugs were due to trends not showing the correct number of posts and saved colors||Used the planned debugging time in iteration 10. Team was able to fix the identified bugs within the planned debugging time.|
|Loading of incorrect images in newsfeed of social module||Used the planned debugging time in iteration 11. Team was able to fix the identified bugs within the planned debugging time.|
|Risk Description||Category||Impact||Mitigation Strategy|
|Digital color in application may not match the physical color of nail polish.||High||Users may end up dissatisfied and no longer use the application.||Before ordering, a message will be displayed in the application. It will state that a money-back guarantee is provided if users do not think their nail polish color match with their requested color.|
|Team is unfamiliar with android development.||High||Project may be potentially delayed due to time spent on learning. Initial quality of application may be affected as there may be more bugs.||PM has allocated more time to Iteration zero to learn about android development.|
|Sponsor not confident of delivering within project timeline.||High||Users may not be encouraged to use the application since their desired nail polish may not be ready.||Team proposed that social module be the first item that users see to encourage them to actively use the application which sponsor agreed and accepted.|
Quality of Product
|Project Requirements||Market Research||Market Research|
|Metrics|| Schedule Metrics|
|Change Management||Change Management|
|Analysis||Use Case Diagram
System Sequence Diagram
|Testing||User Testing 1||User Testing 1|
|Heuristic Evaluation||Heuristic Evaluation|
|User Testing 2||User Testing 2|
|User Testing 3||User Testing 3|
- Google Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sozoco.co.naildeck
- Deployed Back-End Admin Website Link: http://1-dot-naildeckadminportal-1042.appspot.com/
|User Testing 1||08 Aug 2015||Based on testers' convenience||14 Female (Age 14-24 years old)
2 Male (Age 14-24 years old)
|User Testing 1|
|Heuristic Evaluation||12 Sept 2015||SMU||4 SMU female students||Heuristic Evaluation|
|User Testing 2||02 Oct 2015||SMU||21 Females||User Testing 2|
|User Testing 3||16 Nov 2015||NUS||20 Females||User Testing 3|
- Deeper insights into the world of colors
- Gained real-life experience of building a social media platform from scratch
- Experience in mobile application development and Google Services
Ng Kiat Keng
Lim Ting Zhi
Chua Feng Ru
Foo Yee Cheng
Lim Yu Xiang Bendexter