IS480 Team wiki: 2015T2 Starteur User Testing 3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Use Cases||Technical Diagrams||Design Documents||Meeting Minutes||User Testings||Project Documents|
- Location: CHIJ St Nicholas Girls' School, Reactor ARC
- Date: 14 - 23 Mar 2016
- Time: -
- Verify that functionalities built are in line with user requirements
- Determine if the user interface is intuitive
- Gather feedback on current functionalities
- Identify usability problems
- Number of educators: 4
- Number of students: 80
- Roles of participants: Head-of-Department, Academic Director, Personal Development Trainer
- Each of the users was given a list of tasks to complete. Click here to download tasklist.
- Before and after completing all the tasks, users are given a survey questionnaire to complete.
Collated Task Score
Educators were asked to rate the ease of completing the task ( 1 - Very Easy, 5 - Very Difficult)
|Task||Participant 1||Participant 2||Participant 3||Participant 4||Overall Mean||Remark|
|1||Text size||Layout of the pages is simple and easy to see, |
However, the text is quite faint and the font size can be bigger.
Bigger font size
Current layout is nice but text can be bigger.
Bigger font size.
|2||Phrasing||"Batch" is a little too definitive as teachers may only request a certain group of students to take the test. Consider changing to something less definitive and more generic.|
|3||Success Messages||Application is simple to use and straightforward but I would like to know where I am at in terms of the steps in using the application. |
I think it would be good if I can know whether some stuff I am doing is correct or not.
|4||Lack of information hierarchy||Everything is there on the page but I don't know where to look or what to focus on for certain stuff|
I like the layout cause it is not confusing but it would be good if things are presented in a way that I can see certain important information.
|5||Validation||Do you have certain password restrictions? |
Any password limits and email verification?
|6||Any thing you will like to see in the application?||A report for my cohort as well? It would be very insightful|
It will be useful if I send the reminder myself. Because then I know how many days have passed since the reminder has been sent and send it again if necessary. I can control the frequency.
Allow me to send an email straight from this application.
Include a report for a cohort so that I can submit it for analysis with the other Year Heads.
User Study Summary
- Overall, users find that the interface of the application has improved as compared to the previous version in UAT 1. It was a lot more intuitive.
- Users are satisfied with most functions and find that functions were easy to use and suit their needs.
- Users were satisfied with the report but feels that it needs more details/explanations.
- Feedback from users were highly useful for report functions and fine-tuning functions.
User Study Takeaways
- Important to keep solutions simple for users, be it a complex function or a relatively simple one.
- With users' feedback, we managed to zero in on functions that needs more work.
- The user study allowed us to identify areas for improvement and to evaluate how our primary & secondary functions can be further improved. Comments on individual report will be directed back to Starteur's development team and comments on batch report will be used to improve the usability of the batch report to an educator.