IS480 Team wiki: 2015T2 Marreo/MidtermWiki
- 1 Project Progress Summary
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Quality of product
- 4 Reflection
Project Progress Summary
Please login to the application via the link above.
|| Midterm Slides
Download: Marreo Midterm Powerpoint Slides
Development progress: 80%
The project is going smoothly. We faced a few hiccups along the way, mainly delays in 3 iterations, and have dropped some features as a result. Details of these delays and dropping of functionalities can be found below.
Mr & Mrs (SG) has been renamed to Marry.SG
- Need for a "Revamp" Iteration (Iteration 8) in order to tie in all coded features so far
- Scope changes to include features for a RSVP Canvas. It is something that is analogous to a dedicated website for a couple to share with loved ones
Development Progress and Status:
Project Schedule (Plan Vs Actual):
The main changes occur from Iteration 7 onwards with a new requirement of packaging cards for an RSVP Canvas. The scope changes have been summarised below.
Delays in Schedule
Did not face any critical bugs. Stayed within the safe zone (depicted by the red line) for all iterations.
|Risk Type||Risk Statement||Consequence||Likelihood||Impact||Mitigation Strategy|
|Technical Risk||Graph Paper is already live but undergoes frequent changes to the Graph Paper technology framework. These changes are made concurrently with the development of Marry.SG.||1. Functions in the Marry.SG application could become buggy.
2. Unplanned debugging time eating into tasks meant for other things during iterations. This may result in project delays.
|High||High||1. Communicate with client on fortnightly to keep coders updated on changes being made to Graph Paper. Alert client if time is tight and instability is causing too many setbacks. Try to work towards a solution together. |
2. Have enough buffer time allocated to accommodate unplanned debugging tasks.
3. Have a set of robust test cases to ensure all possible errors and bugs can be identified.
4. Schedule stringent and frequent testing of systems during the end of all iterations to ensure that integration of new functions would not affect previously coded functions.
|Operational Risk||Unforeseen commitments or events of group members (E.g. Sickness, urgent family commitments, going on a holiday during term breaks, laptop not functioning)||1. Disruptions to progress
2. Project delays
|Mid||High||1. Review tasks and plans and make changes where possible. |
2. Schedule tasks in buffer period if it is not possible to reschedule tasks to accommodate the delay.
3. Alert client if some functions cannot ready by planned time.
4. Last resort: Alert client if some functions need to be dropped.
|Card (Feature) Involved||Description of Technical Complexity||What is to be achieved as an end result|
|RSVP Card and Guest Manager||Use of Web Hook to link data from two separate sources||To link data from two separate canvases (data sources, one is a form and the other is a card on Graph Paper)|
|Wedding Day Itinerary and Contact List||To export data from the two cards as a PDF document||Data downloaded as a PDF|
|Admin||Handling CSV file uploads to bootstrap data for three cards (Things to Do, Notes, Wedding Discover) via the Admin Card||To bootstrap data from CSV files|
Quality of product
There should be some evidence of work in progress.
|Project Management||Minutes||Sponsor weeks -10 -5 3 7 Supervisor weeks -2 3 5 7|
|Requirements||Story cards||CRUD Customer, Trend Analytic|
|System Sequence Diagram||client, server|
|Business Process Diagram||Here|
|Screen Shots||CRUD Customer, Trend Analysis|
|Design||ER Diagram||1, 2, 3|
|Class Diagram||1, 2, 3|
|Testing||User test plan||instructions|
Not all parts of the deliverables are necessary but the evidence should be convincing of the progress. Try to include design deliverables that shows the quality of your project.
In an iterative approach, ready to use system should be available (deployed) for client and instructions to access the system described here (user name). If necessary, provide a deployment diagram link.
Describe the testing done on your system. For example, the number of user testing, tester profile, test cases, survey results, issue tracker, bug reports, etc.
In this section, describe what have the team learn? Be brief. Sometimes, the client writes a report to feedback on the system; this sponsor report can be included or linked from here.
Any training and lesson learn? What are the take-away so far? It would be very convincing if the knowledge is share at the wiki knowledge base and linked here.
Benjamin Gan Reflection:
You may include individual reflection if that make sense at this point. The team is uncooperative and did not follow my instructions.