IS480 Team wiki: 2015T2 Marreo/FinalWiki
- 1 Project Progress Summary
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Quality of product
- 4 User Testing
- 5 Reflection
Project Progress Summary
|Final Slides |
Download: Marreo Final Powerpoint Slides
Current Status: 98%
Just a 2% teeny bit to ensure the Wedding Planning user experience on Marry.SG is as great as it can get!
Poster Day Preparation
Start: 13th April 2015
End: 22th April 2015
Marry.SG have been featured on Vulcan Post! Yay!
Read what they have to say about Marry.SG here:
- Preparation for Final Presentation
- Further improvements of features in Marry.SG
- From User Testing
- From real users on live Marry.SG site
98% completion with improvements done as gather feedback from real users
Business Aspects to Reach X-Factor
- Marketing and promotion on wedding forums, wedding fairs and via our Facebook page
- 88 registered users as at 9th April 2015 (surpassed goal of 50)
- Xx number of real couples planning with Marry.SG
- The project is going smoothly. We faced a few hiccups along the way, mainly delays in 3 iterations, and have dropped some features as a result
- Details of these delays and dropping of functionalities can be found below.
Main focus of the team after Midterms has been to market and promote Marry.SG to Singaporean couples and to try our best to ensure a smooth and pleasant experience for users on Marry.SG.
Development Progress and Status
Project Schedule (Plan Vs Actual)
Project Scope (Plan Vs Actual)
Schedule Metrics Chart
- Iteration 11 19 actual days/19 planned days
- Iteration 12 15 planned days/15 planned days
- Iteration 13 15 planned days/15 planned days
- Iteration 14 12 planned days/12 planned days
- Iteration 15 10 planned days
After Iteration 10 (Completed Iteration before Midterms), we have been able to be on target from Iteration 11 onwards.
|Risk Type||Risk Statement||Consequence||Likelihood||Impact||Mitigation Strategy|
|Technical Risk||Graph Paper is already live but undergoes frequent changes to the Graph Paper technology framework. These changes are made concurrently with the development of Marry.SG.||1. Functions in the Marry.SG application could become buggy.
2. Unplanned debugging time eating into tasks meant for other things during iterations. This may result in project delays.
|High||High||1. Communicate with client on fortnightly to keep coders updated on changes being made to Graph Paper. Alert client if time is tight and instability is causing too many setbacks. Try to work towards a solution together. |
2. Have enough buffer time allocated to accommodate unplanned debugging tasks.
3. Have a set of robust test cases to ensure all possible errors and bugs can be identified.
4. Schedule stringent and frequent testing of systems during the end of all iterations to ensure that integration of new functions would not affect previously coded functions.
|Operational Risk||Unforeseen commitments or events of group members (E.g. Sickness, urgent family commitments, going on a holiday during term breaks, laptop not functioning)||1. Disruptions to progress
2. Project delays
|Mid||High||1. Review tasks and plans and make changes where possible. |
2. Schedule tasks in buffer period if it is not possible to reschedule tasks to accommodate the delay.
3. Alert client if some functions cannot ready by planned time.
4. Last resort: Alert client if some functions need to be dropped.
|Card (Feature) Involved||Description of Technical Complexity||What is to be achieved as an end result|
|RSVP Card and Guest Manager||Use of Web Hook to link data from two separate sources||To link data from two separate canvases (data sources, one is a form and the other is a card on Graph Paper)|
|Wedding Day Itinerary and Contact List||To export data from the two cards as a PDF document||Data downloaded as a PDF|
|Admin||Handling CSV file uploads to bootstrap data for three cards (Things to Do, Notes, Wedding Discover) via the Admin Card||To bootstrap data from CSV files|
Quality of product
There should be some evidence of work in progress.
|Project Management||Project timeline|
|Risk & Mitigation|
|Project Overview||Description & X-Factor|
|Design & Prototype|
We conducted two User Testing sessions thus far.
User Testing 1
Date: 30 Jan 2015
10 SMU Students
- All users should be able to achieve all tasks described without asking for help
- 90% of users will be able to perform a similar task on a card in a shorter time after their first attempt
- Look and Feel
- 90% of users are satisfied with the layout of the cards on the canvas i.e. cards are not too big or not too small
- 90% of users feel that this application looks presentable and aesthetically pleasing
User Testing 2
Date: Early February
2 married individuals
- Usability & Functions
- All users should agree that the components used are relevant and important to wedding planning
- All users will be able to use the tools without help from the facilitator
Find out more below: