IS480 Team wiki: 2015T2 Marreo/FinalWiki
- 1 Project Progress Summary
- 2 Project Management
- 3 User Testing
- 4 Demographic
- 5 Goals
- 6 Test Result
- 7 Insight
- 8 Follow up
- 9 Quality of product
- 10 Reflection
Project Progress Summary
|Final Slides |
Download: Marreo Final Powerpoint Slides
Current Status: 98%
Just a 2% teeny bit to ensure the Wedding Planning user experience on Marry.SG is as great as it can get!
Poster Day Preparation
Start: 13th April 2015
End: 22th April 2015
Marry.SG have been featured on Vulcan Post! Yay!
Read what they have to say about Marry.SG here:
- Preparation for Final Presentation
- Further improvements of features in Marry.SG
- From User Testing
- From real users on live Marry.SG site
98% completion with improvements done as gather feedback from real users
Business Aspects to Reach X-Factor
- Marketing and promotion on wedding forums, wedding fairs and via our Facebook page
- 88 registered users as at 9th April 2015 (surpassed goal of 50)
- Xx number of real couples planning with Marry.SG
- The project is going smoothly. We faced a few hiccups along the way, mainly delays in 3 iterations, and have dropped some features as a result
- Details of these delays and dropping of functionalities can be found below.
Main focus of the team after Midterms has been to market and promote Marry.SG to Singaporean couples and to try our best to ensure a smooth and pleasant experience for users on Marry.SG.
Development Progress and Status
Project Schedule (Plan Vs Actual)
Project Scope (Plan Vs Actual)
Schedule Metrics Chart
After Iteration 10 (Completed Iteration before Midterms), we have been able to be on target from Iteration 11 onwards.
|Risk Type||Risk Statement||Consequence||Likelihood||Impact||Mitigation Strategy|
|Technical Risk||Graph Paper is already live but undergoes frequent changes to the Graph Paper technology framework. These changes are made concurrently with the development of Marry.SG.||1. Functions in the Marry.SG application could become buggy.
2. Unplanned debugging time eating into tasks meant for other things during iterations. This may result in project delays.
|High||High||1. Communicate with client on fortnightly to keep coders updated on changes being made to Graph Paper. Alert client if time is tight and instability is causing too many setbacks. Try to work towards a solution together. |
2. Have enough buffer time allocated to accommodate unplanned debugging tasks.
3. Have a set of robust test cases to ensure all possible errors and bugs can be identified.
4. Schedule stringent and frequent testing of systems during the end of all iterations to ensure that integration of new functions would not affect previously coded functions.
|Operational Risk||Unforeseen commitments or events of group members (E.g. Sickness, urgent family commitments, going on a holiday during term breaks, laptop not functioning)||1. Disruptions to progress
2. Project delays
|Mid||High||1. Review tasks and plans and make changes where possible. |
2. Schedule tasks in buffer period if it is not possible to reschedule tasks to accommodate the delay.
3. Alert client if some functions cannot ready by planned time.
4. Last resort: Alert client if some functions need to be dropped.
|Card (Feature) Involved||Description of Technical Complexity||What is to be achieved as an end result|
|RSVP Card and Guest Manager||Use of Web Hook to link data from two separate sources||To link data from two separate canvases (data sources, one is a form and the other is a card on Graph Paper)|
|Wedding Day Itinerary and Contact List||To export data from the two cards as a PDF document||Data downloaded as a PDF|
|Admin||Handling CSV file uploads to bootstrap data for three cards (Things to Do, Notes, Wedding Discover) via the Admin Card||To bootstrap data from CSV files|
The tasks assigned can be found here:
Marreo User Testing 3 Task Document
|Number of User:||7|
Brief information of the married individuals
- Marriage status:
- 4 married men 2 married women 1 groom
- 4 Indians 2 Chinese 1 Malay
- To find pain points identified by the testers while using the application
- To gather suggestions/feedback after using the application (unguided navigation)
- To verify content of prepopulated information (eg. In Things to Do) and validate functions in Marry.SG
The results gathered can be found here:
Marreo User Testing 3 Results Collation (Validation)
The double scrolling on the main page and within cards was a pain point identified by 5 out of 7 users. In order to solve that, the developers added an icon to enable and disable screen scrolling as highlighted in the first screenshot below.
The second insight was the browser capability of Marry.SG. Previously, Marry.SG was only usable on Chrome browser. However, it is not available on 3 other browsers as seen in the second screenshot below.
Find out more about Marry.SG user testing below:
Quality of product
There should be some evidence of work in progress.
|Project Management||Project timeline|
|Risk & Mitigation|
|Project Overview||Description & X-Factor|
|Design & Prototype|