IS480 Team wiki: 2015T1 Team Big Hero 5 Final Wiki
- 1 Project Progress Summary
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Quality of Product
- 4 Reflection
Project Progress Summary
- Teammates are doing IDP this sem, so the work load is high
- Able to add four new functions
- Generate PDF as voucher
- Scan QR code to redeem
- Search deal by keywords
- Customer review deals
- We need to integrate two applications - Merchant and Customer
- Learning the new database took us quite some time
- While number of merchants is limited, it is hard for us to gather more feedback to improve on usability of the merchant side
- Since DingGo is a start up company, the requirements can change along time. We need to react fast to adapt the changes.
Project Schedule Metrics
Project Bugs Metrics
Quality of Product
|Project Management||Meeting Minutes||Meeting Minutes|
|Schedule Metrics||Schedule Metrics|
|Bug Metrics||Bug Metrics|
|Analysis||Use cases||Use Case|
|System Architecture||Architecture Diagram|
|ER diagram||[ER Diagram]|
|Testing||User test plan||User testing|
Our application focus on the usability:
- It is mobile optimized
- You can surf the site using any devices and any browsers
- user can generate PDF version of the voucher
- customer can choose to review the restaurant and view the historical comments from other customers
- there is quick link on deal detail page for easier searching purpose
- share deal with friends on social media (Fackbook, WhatsApp) by one click
- can choose to redeem the reservation by keying in confirmation ID or scanning QR code
- data analysis for merchant to track the deal performance
- can manage deal template when pushing deal and save the most useful deal template
Working as a team requires everyone's efforts and responsibility. Team makes every member stronger than one individual, and at the same time, each individual contributes the team and bring a team to a new level. All for one. One for all.
Project Manager & Quality Assurance Analyst
As a project manager, I learnt the importance of good time management and resource planning. Through out the project, I also learnt how to manage our stakeholders effectively and to be adaptable and realistic to changes that were presented to our team. It has also help to hone my communication skills which will be helpful for future projects. It has enabled me to approach the project from a larger perspective and to truly empathize with our sponsor's problems.
UI Developer & Business Analyst
As a UI designer, I learned how to design and develop UI using CSS, Java Script and so on. I also learned to work closely with real users to improve usability and aesthetics of the application. Many feedbacks from users and merchants during UAT can help me develop a better UI design. Also I learned to work with team mates closely to make sure the continuity and unity of codes and UI. As the business analyst, I learned to better gather and analyse requirements from sponsor to help the team understand the sponsor’s business model and requirements.
Lead Developer & Technical Analyst
Backend Developer & UI Developer
As a developer deals with both front end and backend, I have learned a lot about how to bridge between UI and back end. Moreover, I learned a lot about how to make our application responsive to work perfectly on both computer and mobile devices. In order to improve the usability of our application, the feedback from the 4 UAT helped us a lot. Besides, during this project, I also learnt a lot about working with others.
Developer & PM Assistant
From the miterm till now, I have learnt how to create pdf using itext library and how to generate QR code. Moreover, I have also got familiar with Facebook and Whatsapp web services such as share to facebook and whatsapp. Besides what have been mentioned above, I have trained my skill in directing video and creating script for pitch video and final demonstration.