Difference between revisions of "IS480 Team wiki: 2015T1 A3xy Midterm Wiki"
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
| width="100%" |
| width="100%" |
Revision as of 17:41, 8 October 2015
|Main Wiki||Midterm Wiki||Final Wiki|
Current Progress : 75%
Current Iteration : 9
1st Oct - 14th Oct
Team faced some delay in a few iterations but made up for it by completing the last iteration in less than estimated time. Team is confident of delivering the project on time.
Our implementation is divided into two parts : Trade Portal for importer and exporter and Trade Operations for Issuing Bank and Advising Bank. Below is the scope of our project and the functionalities we have completed till now :
In the process we needed to finish Amendment before Shipping Guarantee and Trust Receipt. The main changes are from iteration 6 onwards. Also, we had to add the payment functionality into the iteration plan.
Payment Advise functionality was added and Bill Discounting functionality was omitted from the scope of the project.
Below are the reasons for high and low schedule metrics for the iterations :
Below are the bug points distribution for each iteration:
Below is the distribution of bugs based on their severity for each iteration:
|Iteration||Bug Score||Summary of Bugs||Action Taken|
|5||13||Most of the bugs were in exposing BPM as a web service and UI improvements.||Stop current development and resolve the bug immediately. Project Manager reschedules the project.|
|7||4||Bugs were related to parsing of XML element.||The system does not need immediate fixing, could be fixed during buffer time or during coding sessions.|
|8||7||Errors involved UI improvements and calling of web services.||Use planned debugging time in the iteration to solve the bug.|
|Team is unfamiliar with technologies used.||Project will be potentially delayed due to incorrect estimates.||High||High||Team members will research and guide each others. Project manager will allocate more time to this task.|
|Delay in development due to downtime of server.||Front-end and IBM BPM implementation not possible if the server is down.||Low||High||Coordinate with the client on a regular basis to modify the schedule if required.|
|Failure to factor in minor coding tasks due to lack of experience.||Project will be potentially delayed as these minor tasks need to be performed.||Medium||Medium||PM has to work closely with the Back-End and front-end lead developers and bridge the gap between business process and technical components.|
|Feature Involved||Description of Technical Complexity||What is to be achieved as the end result|
|Web service calling from BPM.||Use of SOAP request message and IBM BPM mapping to make web services call from IBM BPM.||BPM can access data from the database only through web services in order to read a Letter of Credit, uploaded documents and other data.|
|Exposing web service through BPM.||Use of undercover agent feature of IBM BPM.||This is used in order to trigger the BPM process by a web service call or any action from the front-end portal.|
|Messaging standard web services between banks.||Use of Gateway that supports both SWIFT and ISO standards.||Banks have different standards for sending messages across each other. The gateway is used for sending advise and acknowledgement messages from one bank to the other.|
Quality of Product
There should be some evidence of work in progress.
|Project Management||Project schedule|
|Project Overview||Project Description|
Objective : Are we building an understandable portal?
The tasks assigned can be found here: A3XY User Test 2 Plan
|Number of Users||5|
|Venue||SMU school campus|
Brief information on the participants:
- Experienced with background in Consumer Internet Banking
- Understand banking terms
- Have not being exposed to the software being used (IBM BPM)
- Students should find the BPM portal and Trade Finance portal user friendly.
- Students should like the web interface of the portal.
- Students should understand the process of LC Application and Document Presentation.
Feedback Collected: The feedback collected can be found here: A3XY User Test 2 Results
- Time Spent in finishing the LC Application process (in mins)
- Time Spent in finishing the Document Presentation process (in mins)
- Did you understand the full process?
- Was the application easy to use?
- Participants find the technical names confusing sometimes. They have to go back to the Trade Finance home page every time in order to recall the meaning of different terms.
- Participants pointed out that it would be better if the URL of the document is clickable on the portal itself rather than copy pasting
- Participants find the IBM BPM portal easy to use and straightforward with minimum clicks involved.
- Participants liked the user interface of the Trade Finance portal.
- 80% of the participants understood the process of LC Application and Document Presentation using this application.
- 60% of the participants did not find the application easy to use.
- Participants were a bit confused about the ISO and SWIFT messaging standards display.
Objective : Process Verification
The tasks assigned can be found here: A3XY User Test 3 Plan
|Number of Users||2|
|Venue||SIS MR 4.3|
Brief information on the participants:
- Experienced with background in Trade Finance
- Work at Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- To gather suggestions and feedback after using the application.
- To verify content and check consistency throughout the platform.
- To find pain points identified by the Professors while using the platform and trade portal.
- To find out whether the platform would act as a good teaching tool or not.
Ratings of various elements of the portal