IS480 Team wiki: 2012T2 box.us Project Management
|Home||Stakeholders||Project Overview||Project Management||Documentation||Learning Outcomes||Useful Links|
Team Box.us is a project team that consists of 6 individuals with varying (and complementing skillsets). The team set out with the following beliefs to achieve at the end of the project:
- Create value for organizations - Value could be business value and also social value to our sponsors.
- Sustainable implementations - Our team believes in having projects that would be sustainable and be able to bring value to the organizations in a long run
- Team Learning - Our team believes in learning during the entire development process so that the experience would be enriching for the organization, the team and the individuals invovled.
It's all about agility. Our team aims to mimic as close as possible to real-world software engineering experiences. As such, our team has decided to adopt the Agile Development Process that is flexible and meaningful for the entire team. Our iterations are planned as such:
Sponsor Sourcing Before everything, we have to find out about the sponsor.
- The Motivation: What is the need?
- The Idea: In short, what is the idea about?
- The Solution: How would the idea help to solve the need
- The Scope: What is the focus of the project?
- The Implementation: Do we have the technical ability to deal with the project?
Iteration 0 : Project Initiation This is a time for our team to learn as much as possible in the following areas:
At the end of this iteration, the team would have a clear idea of what the scope of the project is about and the high-level steps of what needs to be done to get there. By this time, the team would have established the project
Iteration 1 : Project Initiation The focus of iteration 1 is to commence on requirements gathering. The requirements gathering phase is the most important