Changes since Midterm
Based on the feedbacks gained from the midterms as well as the user testing, our team has implemented the following changes:
- Introduction of Guest Account
- Usage of vector offline map (Mapsforge) instead of Raster offline map (OSMDroid)
||Descriptions / Highlight
||Increasing Scope to be Done |
After the discussions we had with the sponsor, we have decided to implement a few changes in the project scope to provide a more holistic experience of the application. Hence, as mentioned in midterm, more native pages are introduced in the application, which majorly affected the project schedule.
In view of this change, our team has decided to drop one of our additional functionality to better concentrate on the additional functions to be done.
|| Introduction of Guest Function and Change in Offline Map|
From the feedbacks received from the midterm presentation and the user testing, our team decided to add in a Guest function to allow users to try out the functions without the need to login. Additionally, many entry points are included to allow users to login.
Furthermore, our team changes our offline map library used to Mapsforge, a library which supports vector maps. The actual map file will be stored within Qiito server, where it can be retrieved when users download their travelogue.
To cater to this, our team decided to drop our additional functionality and instead focus on the new changes.
|Implementing workable Offline Map
- Difficulty getting documentation for OSMDroid
- Change from OSMDroid to Mapsforge
- Directly changing Mapsforge
- Understanding the rendering of maps in Mapsforge
- Integrate 2 versions of Mapsforge
|Out of Memory Error
- Small phone memory causes significant out of memory error
- Different phone model has different assigned phone memory and procedures for phone memory release, resulting in differing debugging results
- Manage to use lazy loading and other more efficient codes to mitigate the problem