IS480 Team wiki: 2012T1 Rainbow Solutions
- 1 Rainbow Solutions
- 2 Project Scope
- 3 Project Progress Summary
- 4 Project Management
- 5 Quality of Product
- 6 Reflections
Rainbow Solutions is building a Q-Ticket Mobile Application for Supreme Court of Singapore. This solution would enhance the lawyers’ efficiency and productivity by reducing the waiting time and be better informed about the Queue Status and Hearing List. This application also allows Lawyers to stay up-to-date through RSS feeds about the latest developments in the law industry.
Roles and Responsibilities
|MEMBER||PRIMARY ROLE||SECONDARY ROLE||RESPONSIBILITIES|
|Chen Chen ||Project Manager||Quality Assurance Manager||
|Haja Mohaideen ||Lead Developer||Assistant Project Manager||
|Jasper Soh Bi Yu ||User Interface Engineer||IT Business Analyst||
|Jasper Soh Bi Yu ||IT Business Analyst||Business Relationship Manager||
|Wilfred Phua Wei Lun ||Quality Assurance Manager||Smartphone OS Specialist||
The focus of our project is to create mobile queue booking application by leveraging on location based service technology which will enable the lawyers to do self-check-in while within a pre-defined radius from the building.
Currently the Queue services available for Lawyers are accessed through the Kiosk at the Supreme Court. This is a problem as Lawyers have to go to the Kiosk physically to register and wait near the Kiosk to check the queue status and access the hearing lists. There is a lot of waiting time as they do not know the timing of their hearing. By having a mobile application, the waiting time is reduced as they will be better informed of the status. This would increase the lawyers’ efficiency and productivity. Supreme Court is interested to invest in applications for Mobile Platforms as the trend is moving towards mobile.
- Outcomes: Mobile Web Application that is able to be deployed on Multiple Platforms, i.e. iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and BlackBerry
- Value Statement: Efficient Queue System with increased efficiency and productivity
- Explore using location services using GPS, LBS and GYRO
- User Authentication - Provide Simple user authentication password-based challenge to the intended audience (lawyers), pre-registration to identify the audience might be required.
- Check-in queue registration within radius from Supreme Court Building (user-defined setting: expected distance from 100m to 1km)
- Provide a mean for user to verify the authenticity of the digital queue ticket (virtual ticket) generated
- Access to hearing lists
- Enquire on the queue status
- Provision of RSS News feeds, share the info (e.g. to Facebook or twitter) with colleagues
- Way Finder – to provide direction to Supreme Court building
- Enhanced Way Finder - to use Augmented Reality to provide real-time direction with Google Street images.
Project Progress Summary
Project Schedule (Plan vs Actual)
Quality of Product
User Acceptance Testing
- To view project snapshot at the Acceptance phase, see the Acceptance Page.