IS480 Team wiki: 2011T2 redSpot Project Overview
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 22:40, 23 April 2012 by Liming.lew.2009 (→Team Members [[IS480_Team_wiki:_2011T2_redSpot_Roles_%26_Responsibilites|[Role and Responsibilities]]])
|IS480 Final||Mid-Term Review||Project Overview||Project Management||Project Development||Project Documentation||LOMS||Sitemap|
a) Multi-Platform Mobile (iPad, iPhone and Android devices) Educational Application that will
- guide students along their field trip to different checkpoint
- generate questions at different checkpoint
- gather reflections of student
- provide an interactive chat function for communication
b) Administrative Web Portal for Administrator (or Professor / TA) that will:
- help to plan and execute the field trip
- help to monitor the process of the field trip
- generate summary and results of the field trip
The deliverables for this project are as follows:
- Multi-Platform Mobile Educational Application and Administrative Web Portal
- Detailed documentation of the project on the aspect of Project Management (e.g. Project Plan, Risk Management Plan and Minutes of Meeting and etc.)
- Detailed documentation of the project on the aspect of Technical Documentation (e.g. Use Case, Sequence Diagram and etc.)
- IS480 Requirements - Project Acceptance, Interim, Mid-Term and Final Presentation & Project Poster
|SquareCrumb||Battle for Singapore||redSpot|
A native application developed for iPad using iOS. As such, there is no limitation or restriction to any development features.
A native application developed for iOS devices. This mobile application is developed by the National Heritage Board together with the National Archives of Singapore, and Learning & Development Resources (LDR) to commemorate the 70th anniversary since Singapore fell to the Japanese Army during WWII. The App serves as a companion guide to 32 historical sites in Singapore
A hybrid web application: developed and compiled from a mobile web application into a native application using open source technology, phoneGap.
There might be some limitation to the functionality and control (compared to native). However, the basic functions required are satisfied (e.g. Geo-Location) and by using phoneGap, it enables the application to be deployed on multiple platform (Android and iOS).
Has been tested with one of the Secondary schools in Singapore (July 2011).
Tested by National Cadet Corps (NCC) members and will be used to conduct some 130 tours islandwide.
Will be carrying out the User Acceptance Test with students from Singapore Management University taking the module MGMT304.