GenSHYFT Final Term Wiki
|Home||Project Overview||Project Management||Documentation||The Team|
- 1 Project Progress Summary
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Quality of product
- 4 Reflection
Project Progress Summary
Changes in Scope
|Shanaaz add the new scope here|
Change Logs (Mid to Finals)
|Date||Feature Affected||Previously||Currently||Change Management Action|
|26/03/2014||Tournament||Not part of scope||Create a CSV file format that would include Tournament and Round details||The team received a list of requirements from client's client. Due to agreed upon requirements and team's limited time, team decided to complete this requirement. Team would have to allocate time to complete this.|
|26/03/2014||Tournament||Not part of scope||Include tournament collaborator feature in the Tournament feature. This is so that client's client would have the school directors be able to have a higher control over the tournament.||The team received a list of requirements from client's client. Due to agreed upon requirements and team's limited time, team decided to complete this requirement. Team would have to allocate time to complete this.|
|11/03/2014||Events||When sharing the Ranking page under Events feature via Facebook, those who click on the Ranking page link will only view Ranking for that Events and would not know what the Ranking is for.||Client wants to add "I'd like to participate" and other buttons on the Ranking page so that those who access the shared link would know it is an event that they themselves might want to join, watch or keep updated about.||As this is a UI change, this will be taken into consideration|
|11/03/2014||Events||No check box available to send RSVP to those who signed up for Tournament at one shot.||Client wants check box option "Select All" that let's school facilitators to send RSVP to all the students in an event.||As this is a UI change, this will be taken into consideration|
|09/03/2014||Mastery Based Coaching||Client wanted 10 questions per game.||Now Client wants 1 question per game. Logic will follow as such:
||As this is a major change in logic, team will only take into consideration a part of the change like taking the response per question and push it into the database|
|04/03/2014||Registration & Tracking||Map that allows user to see the number of players registered with respect to each school.||Event ranking for event, display the people who have done mastery based coaching and purpose driven, badges, Events map, badges and levels completed.||This feature will be dropped. The team realised that the scope of this change is of a large scale and it would be best for the team to focus on polishing the current feature instead of trying to add on top of the existing feature.|
|04/03/2014||Easy Web Prototyping||To do up a single page to implement simple Plunkr code. Save the text that people put in one box and insert it into an iFrame that renders it as a web page.||Client changed feature name to 'Portfolio'.||This feature will be dropped. The team realised that the scope of this change is of a large scale and it would be best for the team to focus on polishing the current features instead of adding new features|
|04/03/2014||Web Dev Games||To do up two modules, HTML and AngularJS on Practice page for users to learn. The games will be similar to Easy web prototyping by having live rendering of the codes as user codes. Client wanted users to code out HTML, JS and CSS file.||There will no longer be multiple files. Instead, the feature will be implementing E2E (End to End) testing.||Team took this requirement change into consideration since the task is deemed doable with team's current resources (sufficient time, manpower available, etc.)|
From Mid-Term to Finals
|1||Client often made changes to the team's scope.||
|2||Disorganised mode of communication between team, client and external stakeholders.||
|3||Unexpected disagreement with external stakeholders||
- Successfully conducted 1 User Test and 1 Heuristic Evaluation By Mid Term
- At least 150 new users have registered with SingPath and indicated interest in participating in the tournament through our Events Page
- Conducted Actual Tournament for Secondary (21/3) , Polytechnic(29/3) and JC students(29/3). A total of 94 participants ( Sponsored by IDA & PayPal )
- Successfully conducted 1 User Test as part of IS429 Cloud Computing lesson with 40 SIS students. (19/3).
- Conducted A/B Split Test (29/3) with 74 students to determine if original or our improved homepage will give better experience.
- At leas 2 Research paper by client relating to our work.
Plan Vs Actual Timeline
Plan Vs Actual by iterations ( Beginning to End )
Mid-terms up to Iterations 7 only.
- Change Request
- Value Added Willingly
- Regular Remark.
|3||Purpose Driven - First Half||7th Nov - 11th Nov||Gathering New Requirements||5th Dec - 12th Dec||
|Mastery Coaching - First Half||7th Nov - 11th Nov||Creation of all paper prototypes||5th Dec - 12th Dec||Client sign off prototypes|
|4||Purpose Driven - Second Half||22nd Dec||Purpose Driven||31st Dec||
|Mastery Coaching- Second Half||22nd Dec||Mastery Based Coaching||31st Dec||
|Group Based Tournament||31st Dec||
Hour of Code
|23 Dec||Purpose Driven||15 Jan||
|Recruit Participants for Singpath tournaments||23 Dec||Mastery Based Coaching||15 Jan||
|Group based tournament||15 Jan||
|Easy Web Prototyping||15 Jan||
|6||Predictive Analytics - ETL||10th Jan||Group based tournament - Create Tournament||9th Feb||
|Predictive Analytics - Statistical Application||10 Jan||Group based tournament - Join Tournament||9th Feb||
|Predict User's School||10 Jan||Group based tournament - Live Ranking||9th Feb||
|Register for Event||9th Feb||
|Mastery Based Coaching||9th Feb||
|Purpose Driven||9th Feb||
|Developer's Documentation||9th Feb||
|7||UT||15th Feb||UT||11th Feb||
|Mid-Term Preparation||-||Mid-Term Preparation||-||
|Events||17th Feb||Events||11th Feb||
|Group Based Tournament||14th Feb||-||-||
|Mastery Based Coaching||-||
|8||Map and Registration ( new Features)||28th Feb||Resolving Map Issues||28th Feb||
|Easy Web Prototyping||3rd March||
|Wed Development Games||10th March||Wed Development Games||3rd March||
|Events (Create & RSVP)||23rd Feb||Events (Create & RSVP)||23rd Feb||
|Group based Tournament ( Mentor Assignment and Live Ranking )||23rd Feb||Group based Tournament ( Mentor Assignment and Live Ranking )||23rd Feb||
|Value Added Service Recruiting of Students for Live-Tournament Event (UT)||
|9||Easy Web prototyping||Wed Development Games.||
|Problem Contribution||UT 2 - IS429 Cloud Computing Class||19th March||
|UT 3 - With Secondary School( IDA )||21st March||UT 3 - With Secondary School( IDA )||21st March||
|UT 4 - with JC/POLY Competition||29th March||UT 4 - With JC Morning Competition (Paypal)||29th March||
|UT 5 - With POLY Afternoon Competition (Paypal)||29th March||
|Value Added Service PREFERENCE TESTING - New Landing Page Design||29th March||
|Value Added Service Discussion with RP on using Singpath||Across Iterations||
|Debugging Group based tournament(All)||Across Iterations||Debugging Group based tournament(All)||Across Iterations||
- Testing and development is complex since team needs to code and test on 3 different platforms: localhost, development and live SingPath. Hence, higher scaled features like Tournament is complex to deploy. Click here to see SingPath's Deployment Process
- Need to compare users' scores from the levels they have practised under Practice section for Mastery-based coaching to measure the user's percentile. These statistics would also be used to find out the user's weak areas, based on the number of attempts with respect to a question and the time taken.
Quality of product
List the artifacts produced for this project. The entire deliverable can be submitted in a separate thumb drive, web repository or place in the IS480 team wiki.
|Project Management||Minutes||Sponsor Minutes|
|Requirements||Paper Prototypes||Paper prototype|
|Business Requirement Document||Requirement Gathering|
|Analysis and Design||Use case||Use case|
|State Diagrams||State diagrams|
|Component Diagram||Component diagram|
|System Architecture Diagram||System Architecture Diagram|
|Testing||User Test Plan||Tests|
|Handover||Developers Documentation||API Documentation|
- SingPath is hosted on Google App Engine. The cloud infrastructure ensures a high up-time which currently stands at 99.3%. For the latest numbers, please refer to GAE Status Page.
- The utilization of angularJS enforces a strict MVC architecture that defines clear responsibilities for each component. Business logic can be edited in the controllers without affecting the other components.
- SingPath uses API calls to the backend server to retrieve data in JSON format. This approach allows for easy exchange and reuse of information with both new and old systems as long as they follow this widely accepted standard.
- We will be conducting a total of 5 User Tests to ensure that our application is well received/accepted by the final presentation.
- After each User Test, we will collate all the feedback and tweak our application to make it even more user friendly.
- Automatic Scalability (Infinitely Scalable) as advertised by GAE
- "Automatic scaling is built in with App Engine, all you have to do is write your application code and we'll do the rest. No matter how many users you have or how much data your application stores, App Engine can scale to meet your needs." - Google App Engine
- Approximately 40 concurrent users will be accessing SingPath at the same time during the Tournament
- Will be conducting stress/load test prior to the actual Tournament to anticipate potential performance issues and rectify accordingly
Adhering to the advice given by reviewers during Mid Term Review, we leveraged on the Automated Testing capabilities of Singpath and further extended it.
Although there are many different ways to implement the scripts for automated testing, we have decided on the one that is the most cost-effective in terms of resources required - E2E test
We employed a variety of evaluation techniques learnt from IS306 class the previous semester. The evaluation tests that we administered include the following methods:
- Lab Experiment
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Field Study
- Sample Survey
- Judgement Study
- Preference Test
Summary of all the tests done:
- A total of 5 tests has been conducted so far, out of the 5 tests, 4 were conducted with live users utilizing Singpath on actual use cases.
- First test confirmed that our usability was on the right track, subsequent tests serve to refine our core functionality - Group Based Tournaments.
- Provided solid value added-ness to our client by ensuring that the live tournaments were able to progress smoothly (which it did).
- Minor hiccups observed during tournaments were resolved by the subsequent tournament(s).
- A mischievous student tried to mess up our UI by setting his name to a long String, an incident which we immediately rectified by limiting text input as well as text display.
- We found out that tournament participants were not clicking on the button to confirm that their assigned mentor has arrived, to mitigate that we have included a non-intrusive prompt.
- Recognizing the importance of an attractive landing page, we decide to value add to the project by coming up with a new UI for the landing page and conducted a Preference Test to find out which landing page they prefer; an overwhelming majority chose our newly redesigned one which is now shown in the Live Site of Singpath.
For more details - please refer to the GENShYFT Tests Page
To be Edited
TO BE ADDED BY ENG SEN AND FARIQ