||Level of Impact (out of 10)
||Written codes are not usable with the newer updates
||Too much time spent on designing codes appropriately
||Lead developer to ensure that all committed codes adhere to stated guidelines & PM to ensure that schedule is kept to closely.
||Business Rules do not adhere to marketing practices as we are unfamiliar with it
||Misunderstanding business rules resulting in an inaccurate result
||Meet up regularly with marketing professors and users testing
||Project would take longer to complete due to learning curve
||Start learning technologies now and practice on dummy sites
||User interface may not be intuitive
||Developers innovate and play with ideas, resulting in a delay in schedule (as user-testing is time consuming)
||Adhere to user testing phases, else PM will reschedule certain tasks and encourage the team to be responsive to change.
||Disagreement amongst team mates
||Unable to come to common consensus, resulting in time wastage and inefficiency
||Selected mediator to step in and have a time out period
A Magento-based online e-commerce store, coupled with social media platforms (Facebook) that is developed along with an Business Intelligence (BI) tools application. This application allows marketing professionals and students to analyze the effectiveness of marketing strategies and campaigns being launched in the Magento e-commerce online store.
LARC would be able to use this application mainly as an education / learning tool for Singapore Management University (SMU) marketing majors students.
The project deliverables would be two-fold: a plug-in for the Magento eCommerce store, and the other is a Business Intelligence (BI) tool that will be developed on top of the existing Magento Admin
For more details about the project schedule, please click [here]
More details coming your way...
For more detailed information regarding the various project tasks, please click [here]
More details coming your way...
||Usability Test 1
||Usability Test 2
The schedule will be complemented with the burn-down chart of each sprint, calculating the schedule ratio and adhering to the response actions of each ratio value.
= Remaining Time / Remaining Effort
||Ahead of Schedule
||Redefine Sprint backlogs
|0.8 - 1.2
||Within healthy schedule range
||Ensure that the team maintains focus and stays on task. Lead developer may do a Running Tested Features (RTF) test if time permits.
||Team is behind schedule
||Project Manager identifies the root cause and impact of the delay. Communicate with the team and client(if necessary). Set up more working meetings and discuss with lead developer for more pair-programming sessions.
Scrum is an iterative and flexible software development method for the management of software projects and product or application development.. The process is explained by the following flow chart and SCRUM terminology list. For a more visual description click here for a youtube video, otherwise the following describes the process;
1. Roles & Responsibilities
SCRUM process flow of events
- The Product Owner (Prof Kyong Jin Shim) is responsible for the business interest and value of the project.
- The Scrum Master (Project Manager) takes charge of managing the product backlog and the team’s productivity.
- The team is a self-managed entity that ensures that the work gets completed.
2. Product Backlog
- The process is first triggered with a wish list of requirements drawn up by the product owner (Client).
3. Sprint Planning / Sprint Backlog
- Next, Team Chm pulls out a list of to-do items from the [product backlog] and places it in the sprint backlog.
- Each story of a sprint has an in charge, and he shall see through the development and testing of the story.
- He needs to update the status of the story in the product backlog.
- A sprint is a duration that the team takes to complete the tasks selected in the sprint backlog.
- Team Chm sprint duration is can vary from 4 to 27 days.
- Once the Sprint Backlog is up, the team scrambles to work on the sprint.
5. Weekly meetings
- Instead of having daily meetings as depicted in the original SCRUM process, Team Chm has a weekly SCRUM meeting instead to customise to its current needs.
The SCRUM process then repeats itself until the product backlog is cleared.
Further your knowledge of SCRUM via Scrum Alliance
, where Team Chm has referenced the contents of this section from.