Implement the changes you decided on after laboratory testing. Prepare a process for automatically gathering user data over the web.
Due: At the beginning of class on week 11
Collaboration: This is a group assignment. You may work with your project team only.
Selected groups should be prepared to give a short presentation that discusses the following:
- Briefly state everything in the Overview section of your team's wiki page.
- Describe the two or three most important changes you made as a result of your laboratory study, and explain how you know they are important.
- Briefly state the scope and purpose of your web experiment.
- Demonstrate the task that your participants will perform.
- State the dependent variable you will analyze and how you will collect it
Presenting teams can refer to their project wiki page on the screen when making their presentation. Teams can also run their prototype through the web browser or use the document camera to show it running on a mobile device. All team members must be present, but teams should choose one person to be their primary speaker.
Each team should create an Assignment 9 wiki page by copying the A9 submission template G1 G2. This page should include the following:
- Changes: List any changes you made to your prototype since submitting assignment 8. For each change, state when you made it or if you plan to make it, and include a brief explanation of why you did it.
- A link to the current version of your prototype, with screen shots of important changes and notes about missing functionality.
- Deliverables: include the following
- A link that participants and teaching staff will use to access your web experiment. Your experiment should be accessible until the end of the semester.
- A link to your updated implementation plan.
- Experiment Plan: include the following
- scope: which part of your system will you investigate?
- purpose: what claims do you want to make about these parts of your system?
- task: one sentence or less that describes the task your participants will perform.
- Independent Variable(s): what will vary between conditions?
- Dependent Variable: what will you collect and how will you collect it?
- Walk-thru: A set of screen shots that show each major steps you expect participants to take during your web experiment. (If the interface will appear different at some step for different groups of participants, show the two versions side-by-side for that step!)
Teams must also update the team information G1 G2, and High-fidelity Prototypes G1 G2 sections of their wiki page, as necessary. And don't forget to update your scenarios, flow diagram, and screen shots if they have changed since you submitted A8.