- Besides the knowledge on the MVC framework, our team did not have any previous background knowledge on utilising frameworks in the development of web applications.
- Play community is still new.
- Their documentation is not entirely completed
- Difficult to find solutions to problems online
- Help found was on previous versions however we are using the newer version of the framework
- Compatibility between Twitter Bootstrap
||Implementation of resume creation
- Creation of additional fields in the resume form is difficult to implement due to the constraint of the play framework
- Resume form is made up of many forms embedded in it, this increased the complexity of the creation of additional fields in the resume form, as it is harder to process the request in the back-end
- Team spent a considerable large amount of time trying to resolve the issue
- Unlike the revolutionary Google search, our team implemented a basic text based search with 575 lines of self-written codes. This search was implemented in the Company’s side of our application, allowing company users to search for the job applications which are relevant to their search keywords. In the scenario whereby the list of received job applications gets longer, this function will bring convenience to our end users as it allows them to retrieve the relevant job applications within the shortest time span.
- Each search will execute 6 SQL queries which would search through the 6 different tables in the SQL database in a sequential manner. The 6 SQL statements illustrated below will retrieve all data in each table, after which codes would be executed to compare the search words input by the users, to the data in the table. If the data in the SQL table contains the searched key words, the specific object will be returned in the search results. To allow a more dynamic search, in the search process, we used the concept of “contains” instead “equals”.
- Due to the usage of “contains” in our codes, search which contains undefined keywords might return multiple repeated search results. To resolve this issue, we employed several techniques such as the use of “If- Else” statements and exception catching but they are still unable to completely resolve the issue. Hence, we finally employed the usage of a “HashSet” to remove any duplicated elements before populating them in the search results.
||Instant Resume Template
- Team spent a large amount of time trying to research and implement the interactive features such as drag and drop and sorting resume components around.