From Technopreneurship Study Mission
|l||Home||l||Course Info||o||Trip Itinerary||v||TSM Family||e||Our Works||VA!|
Welcome to IS427: Technopreneur Study Mission: South Korea!
|Academic Year 2012-2013 (Term 2): January to April 2013|
|Office:||SIS Room 5034; School of Information System, SIS|
|Phone:||+65 6828 0267|
|Venue:||SIS SR 2.1|
|Teaching Assistant:||Roy LEE|
|Travel Date:||April 28th - May 7th 2013|
|Subsidy:||75 % of the cost will be subsidized|
|Pre-requisite:|| None. However priority will be given to: |
(a) from the ABT-Technopreneurship track,
(b) from LKCSB entrepreneurship track,
(c) with prior start-up experience,
(d) are currently starting a technology based company.
|Last Term wiki:||2012 2014|
|Team's Twitter:||Follow us on Twitter|
|Team's Group Blogging:||Read our blog|
|Team's Facebook:||Like us on Facebook|
|Team's Photo Collection:||Photo Gallery|
|Trip Recap Summary Video:||TBC|
To help us to understand you better, please fill up your particulars here!
- Students who are unable to make it on the travel dates are advised not to take this module.
- Students in their FINAL YEAR/TERM in AY2012-13 are not encouraged to take this module.
- Priority and subsidy will be given to the following students who show evidence that they are entrepreneurially inclined. This could mean
- they have started a company
- have signed up for either Technopreneurship track or entrepreneurship concentration at the LKCSB or attended relevance courses
- have attended IIE events regularly
- have been a member of SMU Ventures or Real Business student clubs
- willing to undertake an internship at some of the start-up companies
- If an internship opportunity has been secured with a particular student who have expressed an interest in the company but subsequently decide not to take it up, he/she will have to repay the 75% subsidy given during the TSM. Students will be asked to sign an indemnity form and a declaration with acknowledge to repay 75% subsidy if internship is not taken up.
- Students enrolling for the course will be required to pay a deposit of approximately S$800 for the cost of boarding, lodging and the airfare differential on week 3. This will include the unsubsidised TA cost.
- Students are required to contribute to a petty cash fund ($100) for expenses such as memento for each company, interpreter, hosting guest, tips for guide/driver, welfare, t-shirt, banner and miscellaneous cost. TA will coordinate.